Of an on I am banned for posting in Forum Section. Can anybody tell a few Tips as to how to get banned in Forum section at HP. It will serve as a check list for me to desist from doing wrong things at HP.
Hi there, the forum rules are as follows ( http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules ):
- Stick to the topic. Please stay on the thread’s topic when replying to an existing thread. If you don’t see an open thread about something you’d like to discuss, please open a new thread.
- Keep it civil. Debate and disagreements on points of substance are okay, but personal attacks, petty bickering, trolling, and thread hijacking are not tolerated.
- Be helpful and supportive. We’re all here to learn, so please be constructive when providing feedback.
- Spread the word. Encourage Hubbers seeking help to visit the Forum to find solutions to their problems or just to chat and unwind.
- The Forums are for discussion, not self-promotional link-posting. We encourage you to avoid posting promotional or irrelevant links, be they to Hubs or external sites in which you have a vested interest. The three places where we do encourage you to post links to your Hubs are in the HubChallenges section, Extreme Hub Makeover section, and in Weekly Topic Inspiration threads.
- No cross-posting. Posting the same message to more than one Forum or thread is seen as spamming.
- Be honest about your identity. While we don't prohibit having more than one HubPages account, we ask that you stick to a single persona in the Forums. The deceptive use of multiple accounts, especially in a single thread, is prohibited. The use of secondary accounts to circumvent a Forum ban is also prohibited. This type of behavior is also known as sockpuppeting.
- Please use normal English. DON'T USE ALL UPPERCASE FOR YOUR TITLES OR IN THE BODY OF YOUR POST. It comes across as shouting. Also avoid txt msg abbreviations.
- Avoid signatures. Please do not sign your posts and especially do not sign your posts and include a link to another site. A link to your profile page is included with every post, and you can put information about yourself and links to sites you'd like to promote on your profile page.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your detailed response. Honestly speaking I could not judge the reason for my earlier ban. A fellow senior member had advised me to send email to Hub Team in future. But I am sure I will be more careful to Forum Rules. It is quite possible that my interpretation may not be be matching with the moderators. Thanks again for your guidance.
A common reason is "spamming" or promoting your hubs/other websites etc. This isn't allowed because otherwise we would be buried in it very quickly.
by Shasta Matova 6 years ago
I suggest having a separate thread for Weekly Topic Inspiration. Currently, it is blended in with Hubber's Hangout. If it has its own forum, if you cannot write about the current topic or want additional inspiration for hubs, there is a handy way to find the older threads.
by Deborah Sexton 3 years ago
http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rulesThe HubPages Discussion Forum is a resource for Hubbers to help each other achieve the most rewarding online publishing experience and to discuss topics of interest.Rules and EtiquetteBelow are some basic guidelines to adhere to: Stick to the topic....
by Simone Haruko Smith 6 years ago
Hello everyone! As of this afternoon, you are free to begin publishing Hub Answers as submissions in the HubPages Know it All Contest.Before you do anything contest related, though, we encourage you to read through our official contest page (including the rules).Winners will be posted...
by Lionrhod 3 years ago
There are a lot of us who haven't been feeling safe on the forums. They've felt stalked, harassed and browbeaten.Sadly, some folks go with the letter of the law, but not the spirit of it in their posts.For an excellent post on why we need Forum Moderators, check out what Makingamark says here...
by Elsie Nelson 7 years ago
The count is off. I posted two separate posts to the same thread and the first one registered as my having made 330 posts, but so did the second one (which should have said 331 posts). As I said, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, just something I've noticed tonight. It's not...
by Kenna McHugh 8 days ago
I know we have talked about this before on the forum. I have been posting my YT videos on Reddit and it doesn't seem to do anything for my account. As an update, has anyone had any success with posting on Reddit?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|