jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

While improving a Hub, it gets pulled from publication entirely!?!

1. Laura Schneider profile image93
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I'm totally confused. I started the process of editing and revamping an important (but ancient/threadbare) hub on copyrights, and while I was fixing the writing I found an excellent You Tube video on copyright basics, which I added to the hub. I come back to the hub a little later to fix up the text, and I find that the hub has already been unpublished entirely. (Not just "not featured") And, this hub has always had a medium-good score: 77 at the time it was pulled, in the top half of my hubs overall, and my hubber score is 99 today.

So, over a period of 2-3 hours (I took a lunch break, and there's no other way to save your work than to publish it) I can have a so-so hub improved by the addition of a video and HP's immediate response is to yank the hub entirely from the web before I could even enter the updated text. No explanation for why or what I did wrong by adding an educational and (I thought) relevant and even cute video to the hub (isn't that a good thing?).

Some explanation and guidance on what to do would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

--Laura

2. SimeyC profile image90
    SimeyCposted 4 years ago

Either a bug or you hit the wrong button! I edited a very old hub today and it's still published and featured. Unless it had alread been unfeatured, it wouldn't go through the QAP process and therefore wouldn't be unpublished!!! Simply pressing 'publish' should fix the problem - although it may now have to go through QAP!

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It was unfeatured, hence my reason for updating it. I'll try as you suggest--pressing Publish. Thanks!

3. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hi Laura Schneider - I checked your account and you haven't had a Hub that was just moderated, so it sounds indeed like you might have mistakenly hit the unpublish button... sorry for any confusion!

Laura Schneiderposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Simone! Mousing error on my part, then. I'm so relieved! Thanks for checking on this for me!! I'll be more careful in the future.

working