jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

can I publish my poem in smashwords ?

1. Petra Newman profile image61
    Petra Newmanposted 4 years ago

I'm new here at Hub pages and was wondering if I can publish my poem that I've entered here to add to poems I've written else where, so to create an e-book of poems.  Just curious if Hubpages has exclusive rights to any of the creative writings.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Petra

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image90
      LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can but I have found that Booktango works better and it's easier to navigate than Smashwords so far as E book publishing. I have been writing books for them for 6 months and so far have sold over 278, not counting the current quarter.

2. Petra Newman profile image61
    Petra Newmanposted 4 years ago

Thank you for the quick response, Luis.  I haven't tried to publish my work before, but someone suggested I should publish my poems.   I know Amazon doesn't publish anything thats been published elsewhere before.  I haven't heard of  Booktango before, and greatful for your advice.  I will look into it.  Thank you, it is greatly appreciated.
    Take care
    Petra

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Who told you Amazon doesn't publish anything that's been published before?

I'm published with Smashwords.   I haven't sold many through Smashwords direct - the main reason for publishing with them is that they distribute your books to other online stores, so it gets listed on Barnes & Noble, iTunes etc.   I sell most of my books through iTunes.

I've never heard of Booktango but the main thing is to be sure that they distribute to the same stores and that they give you a free ISBN. 

You have to publish to Amazon Kindle separately.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image90
        LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They publish through the same distributors as most major E book publishers including Smashwords and you do get a free ISBN

working