jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Social shares integration

1. tom_caton profile image80
    tom_catonposted 4 years ago

On the top right of all our hubs is an indicator of how many times the hub has been shared, liked, or pinned.

How about a counter in the page views section of "my account" for each hub?

This might seem a vanity feature, perhaps it is, but it's nice to see what hubs are getting shared, and frankly I get a surprise every time I visit an old hub to see it's been liked or pinned.

And yes, while this is idea is feasible just by visiting each hub - you have to visit each hub.

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The biggest barrier I see with this is just a lack of space, but I'll bring this up in next week's community meeting and see what we can do.

Thanks for the recommendation, tom_caton!

tom_catonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps adding a new tab to the "my account" page is too much to ask, but it's another potential route!

You could, for arguments sake, make it more worthwhile by another tool or two, like an indication on whether or not you yourself have shared the hubs on social networks (and while i'm on a roll with this thought) you could indicate this with a "badge" beside hub names, one for each site.

1. Simone Smith profile image89
          Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey again! We just discussed this, and though I hadn't thought about it before, your best bet is to utilize Google Analytics' social features: http://www.google.com/analytics/features/social.html

Anything we could execute given our present resources couldn't beat what they provide, so why reinvent the wheel? wink

tom_catonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Fair enough, I've never tried to use the social features in Analytics.

Considering how much I like to know about the performance (and whys) of my pages I don't use Analytics much at all, there's a good reason, it's buggy as hell for me.

Amazingly, for a Google product, it doesn't work very well on Android at all, which can be a total pain. You'd think they'd release an app.

Well, they did, but it's a very limited thing.

Which brings me to another question (sorry), have you guys considered developing an app? It's probably a costly process, but I'm sure it's crossed a few minds at Hubpages...

working