What it actually means to promote my hub and make it seo friendly?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Jimut profile image70
    Jimutposted 10 years ago

I heard many times about promoting your hub, and making it SEO friendly or SEO optimized. How to do that exactly? And what to do?

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are books dedicated to SEO and sharing, but trying to boil it down to a few simple principles:
      -Searchable titles – use Keyword Research to create decent long tail headings – look for titles that will get between 100 and 25000 views daily that have no competition (when searched) or the competition is so poor that your article will rise to the top.
      -Searchable sub-headings – as above but used to break up your article logically and also give you more chance of being found in the search engines by being different to your main title.
      -Sharing – the key to sharing is to share articles with people you know will want to read them – don’t simply spam twitter, Facebook etc. Join forums and be very active – become an authority in that forum so that people will trust you and therefore read your articles. Don’t simply spam the forums – add value to them. This same principle goes for Facebook groups, twitter subjects etc.
      -Pinterest – moderate sharing of articles will help – ensure that your picture is ‘brilliant’ and if necessary use Words with the picture to ensure people will re-pin and share your work.

A quick word about sharing – if you use sites like Pinterest, Reddit and any other type of sharing site, make sure you spread the ‘love’ around – don’t simply share your articles – but share anything that interests you on the web – also be active and re-pin, share other people’s work – the more interactive you are the better.

This is simply the tip of the iceberg and to be honest I haven’t said much about SEO!!!

1. Jimut profile image70
        Jimutposted 10 years agoin reply to this

A heart full of thanks to you I had no idea for these.
        If you could give a little bit extra info on sharing it would be great, like i never found a share button in hubpages, i found the like button but when i go to my wall there's nothing.

1. SimeyC profile image87

Easiest way is to simply copy the URL and then paste it into Facebook etc. - it should automatically creater a 'snapshot' in FB (same goes for Google+)

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
        TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Simey:  I thought the "competition" section was for advertisers, not writers. Several people have told me that during my time here, and I was always advised to use "high" ratings to earn more money because the advertisers would compete more to advertise on a particular article.  So...which is it?

1. WryLilt profile image88
          WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

SimeyC is said low competition when searched. He's talking about putting the keyword/s into a Google search to see who else is using them.

You're right, the "competition" bar in the keyword tool is for advertisers. In theory, as writers, we should be going for "high competition" in those bars as it means advertisers are paying well. LOL

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

WryLitt:  Got it...Thanks!

2. SimeyC profile image87

I ignore the 'competition' section of adwords- what I meant was that I narrow down my keywords and phrases, then go and use Google search to look at the quality and quantity of those who have already written articles - that's my competition...if they are all authority quality articles then there's no point writing an article as it's highly unlikely I'll rank. (Unless I already have authority in that niche!).

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Double posted, lol.

2. zeke2100 profile image60
    zeke2100posted 10 years ago

1. Use Google Keyword Tool to identify what is trending and what people are searching for.
    2. Use the keyword in at least 2% of your article. Bold it once, and italicize it once.
    3. Use www.Pingler.com to ping your Hub to let search engines know there is new content available.
    4. Use the Hubpages guide (top right hand corner) to meet the standard for Quality Hubs.
    5. Post the URL of your Hub on social media.
    6. Link the new Hub at the bottom of related Hubs you have already written.

1. younghopes profile image67
      younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

hi zeke, hope you are fine, you talked about pingler.com for pings. i have used it, but i am not sure as to how may times should we ping our blog, i mean everytime we update our blog or else once or twice a week because i have heard that too much pings are considered spammy,,

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
        Anti-Valentineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It might also result in a copied content alert, because your RSS feed will be displayed on other sites. So you are effectively contributing to copied content and potentially even lowering your search ranking. This was advice I received from HubPages staff.

2. zeke2100 profile image60
        zeke2100posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I personally do not use Pingler to ping hubs. I have used it to Ping my blog after a new post, and it appears to be indexing quicker but I cannot tell you that it helped me that much.

It is better to just write a Hub that receives a featured on Hubpages.

3. livinggood profile image61
    livinggoodposted 10 years ago

Thanks for the great advice guys. Now I know what to do.

4. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

There are two kinds of search engine optimization (SEO): on-page and off-page. 

If you want to read a tutorial about what to do:
    http://www.squidoo.com/the-what-is-seo

Everything starts with on-page, which means what you actually put on your Hub for search engines to find.  Off-page has to do with links, etc.

Getting traffic has to do with SEO and marketing.  Facebook is used for marketing, not for links, because the links are not followed links. 

That basic tutorial will give you a great understanding of how all of it works.

5. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 10 years ago

Pinging has no impact on SEO other than possibly getting something listed a little faster.

"– look for titles that will get between 100 and 25000 views daily that have no competition (when searched) or the competition is so poor that your article will rise to the top."

Judging competition isn't easy, I hope you aren't talking about competition in the Google keyword tool here. If so, that advice is plain wrong.

6. Writer Fox profile image30
    Writer Foxposted 10 years ago

You have to remember that if some keyword phrase has a great deal of competition, that you will have difficulty ranking well on a search engine results page.  People still have to find your article.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 10 years ago

To clarify this, the competition section of the Google keyword tool is for advertisers (the whole tool is for advertisers).

So when you see high competition in Google keyword tool it means there are more people bidding on the keyword.

To you and me that means the following.

High competition = more stable higher value earnings per click.

Low competition = unstable and low earnings per click.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84

thisissoli:  That's what I thought the competition column meant, but I often hear the opposite.  I agree with Writer Fox that high competition articles must fight to be recognized and am wondering if using medium might be a better idea?

8. profile image0
    magnificientposted 10 years ago

I am new to Hubpages and I just published my hub. Can you please help me to improve it? Thank you so much

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your picture needs attributed; where did you get it and do you have the legal right to use it?

It could use a little more length, if it can be done with simply adding fluff with no real useful information.  I like to shoot for a minimum of 1,000 words and preferably more.

With some more meat, another picture or two might be nice simply to break up the (now longer) text.

"Look at your calendar, see for important events!"  See for important events?
      This subheading needs a little work.

1. profile image0
        magnificientposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much wilderness for that very useful comment. I will make some improvements on my hub..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)