From my understanding of the way Google search engines work the following are things that you should do to ensure your hubs rank highly on Google.
1. Create a useful, information-rich hubs that clearly and accurately describe their content.
2. Use words in your hub that users would type in search queries to find your hubs. These are the words that Google will use to create their own tags for your hub.
3. Check for broken or invalid links regularly and fix them or remove them.
4. Think about what makes your article unique, valuable, or engaging. Make it stand out from others that cover the same topic.
5. Avoid affiliate links.
6. Avoid keyword stuffing - the practice of repeating certain words or phrases to the point where it sounds unnatural.
7. Monitor all comments left by readers for spam.
8. Include a summary for your hub as these are used as rich-snippets in search engines results. Google loves rich-snippets. Make sure they are relevant and give a true and accurate summary of what your hub is about.
9. Don't participate in link exchange programs, Google downgrades those sites as it makes them less credible.
I hope this post will be helpful to some of you.
there are many good articles are available in the hubpages learning center. you can check them to learn more..
If you are writing on HubPages and want good traffic from google you just need three things..
1. Search a low competition "Long Tail Keyword" (a sentence have 6 to 10 words) and should have 300+ exact searches per month
2. Write a unique article in your own words. You can take reference from other web sources but write it completely in your own words. article length should not exceed 1200 words and minimum of 500+ words. Article of 700-900 words will work great.
3. Use that full Long tail keyword frequently in you article. Keyword density should be 1-2% and should fit in your sentence or paragraph. Use that keyword in first and last paragraph of your article and within one or two of your subheadings. (you can check How I used keywords in my articles)
You just need these three point to get in searches quickly if you are wring on hubpages. I used these techniques and get in search results even in 2-3 days and every of my article is getting decent traffic from Google.
I got success with this technique and happy with performance but it is not sure you will also get same results.
Very resourceful; sounds like we should maintain very high standards of our hubs.
Good tips. I wish they all were true for static sites.
5,6 and 9 I have found to be hypocritical.
Affiliate links - well, I think affiliate links are OK when put into very useful content or videos that is not spun and really offers value.
I still see some sites ranking well that are keyword stuffed.
I still see some sites rank well that participate in link exchange and link named pages
It is just not consistent what you get nowadays. I tend to use Bing more.
Thank you for your replies, I have taken some of your suggestions on board and I hope mine have helped you in return.
That's a very informative piece of writing. I was looking forward for some advices on how to choose SEO friendly titles. Thank you so much for the nice help.
Keyword stuffing is important, but it is also detrimental sometimes when it compromises on content quality and value for one's readership.
You have to be careful with keywords, Google will pick-up on sites that seem to deliberately be 'stuffed' with keywords and rank them lower. Just focus on improving your readers' experience. If the wording on your site/hub sounds unnatural and repetitive your readers won't enjoy it, this could result in a high bounce rate and low return rate anyway and Google's search engines will notice that too. So you'll be penalised for more than just keyword stuffing.
by Automobile 1805 days ago
Same as above.
by Jimut Dhali4 years ago
I heard many times about promoting your hub, and making it SEO friendly or SEO optimized. How to do that exactly? And what to do?
by habib94227 years ago
I am getting traffic from hubpages and getting little bit traffic from google. Please suggest me how to improve google traffic for my hubs.
by LucidDreams2 months ago
They are just driving home the point that user experience and quality is point one!http://www.eddale.co/google/beware-google-bearing-gifts
by Butch Tool20 months ago
Hello, dear fellows, I am hoping that someone with more experience may be able to direct me to any free resources that will help me learn how to become an SEO master. Primarily, I want to learn how to do in-depth...
by Gary Anderson21 months ago
But I am wondering why there seems to be competition in the real google world and no competition showing for it in the external keyword tool world?
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.