jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

My apologies to Wrylilt.

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image98
    Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago

I am sorry I doubted you. You helpfully made a post on the forum regarding MFP (made for Pinterest) images:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/111570
    I have had no luck using Pinterest in the past, so I was skeptical. None-the-less, I  gave it a go and made a few MFP images to use on a few of my hubs. It does work! While none of my pins have gone viral, they ARE getting repinned.
    Thank you for sharing this on the forum for everyone to see. You rock!

1. Barbara Kay profile image90
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Do you have the new Pinterest format for your boards? They have made it a lot harder to go the site. You've got to click on the photo twice once it is on your board to get to the site. I am disappointed, since I was getting at least 40 views a day. I hope this doesn't cut down on page views.

Gcrhoads64posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I do have the new format. I hope it doesn't cut down on traffic.

Have you seen a decrease, Barbara Kay?

1. mary615 profile image96
          mary615posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Didn't know they had a "new format".  Got to go and check it out....

2. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

I agree - that tip is priceless!  I am still trying to get it implemented, but it's on my list.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also am working with Pinterest for the first time but have had no luck whatsoever.  I was unaware about the double clicking, etc. but will give it a go.

3. wilderness profile image100
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Sounds as though you, like so many others, have learned to listen to our WryLilt.  Me, too - we're lucky to have her.

We are lucky to have WryLilt, wilderness.
      I have been busy following her advice to the other hubbers. I've been snipping outgoing links, getting rid of white-space, etc. smile

4. sallybea profile image99
    sallybeaposted 4 years ago

It definitely works, I find it really improves the traffic.

5. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Thank you, Gcrhoads64. Great to see that you're having success with it. The great thing is, you're utilising your current traffic to make more traffic for you - so that's a lot more pins which could ultimately be seen by a top pinner and sent viral wink

If my pins ever do go viral, I'll be sending tons of happy thoughts your way, WryLilt. smile

working