jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Line Breaks

1. chopsooy profile image60
    chopsooyposted 4 years ago

Sorry guys, I've searched around, but I can't work out how to break up the page with some line breaks...can anyone help me out?

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Use an art program (such as paint) and create a line - save a line.jpg - then use a picture module and upload the line!

2. chopsooy profile image60

oh ok...cheers!

3. Jordan Hake profile image85
    Jordan Hakeposted 4 years ago

Go into the edit html (the button is on the upper left side of the text eidt box).  Insert the tag <br> wherever you want the line break.  Click save.  That's it!

4. chopsooy profile image60

Does that only show up once published...I just tried that but it didn't seem to work?

5. Jordan Hake profile image85
    Jordan Hakeposted 4 years ago

Sorry, I think I may have misunderstood what you wanted to do.  I gave you instructions on how to break off your line without creating a new paragraph (which is the default for pressing enter).
    If you wanted an actual line between two chunks of text, SimeyC's instructions are the way to go. smile

chopsooyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No worries, I'm onto it :-)

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
        Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can also use multiple text capsules to allow more flexible formatting.
        We also support <br> tags and others via the HTML source editor for text capsules.
        Here is the list
        " Allowed Tags: a, blockquote, br, strong, em, u, h2, h3, h4, li, ol, p, pre, sup, sub, ul"

<br> will be translated to the HTML 5 <br />

6. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Do you mean line dividers between paragraphs? Google line dividers or separaters. You can get all kinds, colors, shapes, fancy, plain, etc. Download and save the ones you like, then put them in a photo capsule. Don't forget to edit if there is a lot of space above and below the divider. If you don't, you will have a lot of unsightly space in your hub. Good luck. smile

Yes divide between paragraphs.

7. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

We have a hubber right here on hubpages who created a hub filled with dividers for our use.  The name of the hubber is homesteadbound.  She did a great job.  Just go to her profile and click on her 'divider' hub.  Very easy to do.

Great, I'll check it out... Thanks

working