jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Are you witnessing extreme fluctuations in the author score?

1. ameliam.michelle1 profile image82
    ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years ago

From the past few days, I have seen extreme fluctuations in my hub score. One day, it is astronomical, and the next day it is tasting extreme lows. Are all  of you experiencing the same thing? Would love to know about that?

2. hubmuffins profile image77
    hubmuffinsposted 4 years ago

No, My author score is kind of static these days. Its only going upwards by 1 score every few days. Now I have a score of 84. Who knows if I may touch 90 in a few days. It is a consistent rise, no fluctuation. I think once you reach more than 90, then only the fluctuation problem arises.

ameliam.michelle1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't know hubmuffings, hope this fluctuation subsides, keeping fingers crossed, may be summer improvement plans are showing its true colours! lol

3. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I don't bother to look any more. Have no idea whether and how mine has changed.

4. LCDWriter profile image93
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

I have noticed this in mine as well and it doesn't seem to correspond with rise and falls in traffic, hub publishing or anything else.  Remains an annoying mystery, I guess.

The personality of hub score is more enigmatic than the Great Gatsby's, I guess

5. Tom London profile image80
    Tom Londonposted 4 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers,

I'm new here and just recently found out what the hub score actually is.

Any tips and advice on how to increase it?

My fluctuation was that of rise in the past few days, but that's probably because I just started and created 5 hubs. Other than that, didn't notice anything suspicious.

Well Tom there are two kind of scores, individual hub scores and hub author score.
      For increasing individual hub score, keep the quality of your hub at high standards with proper grammatical usage and right organisation. The text should be well-developed with proper breaks and ya, one important thing, do not copy paste the text. Make sure your text is original and easily comprehensible.
      As far as photos go, they should be well--attributed and if possible free to use and share. For that refine your images search to advanced one and select free to use and share option.
      For hub author score, participate in hub community and forum. Comment on others' hubs. However, keep in mind that your comment should go beyond the usual "amazing hub, loved it". Specify what did you like about that hub and explain it.
      Keep the quality content of your hubs high and ask questions. This will improve your visibility and who knows people start apppreciating your questions and start following you.
      Just in short, publish high-quality hubs, participate more in the community and be original, and I am sure you will see a drastic improvement in both your individual hub scores and author score.
      Best of luck Tom for your future endeavours! Hope this will help you

6. Tom London profile image80
    Tom Londonposted 4 years ago

Ameliam,

Thanks a lot! This was very robust and insightful. Seems I have some work to do now!

It was my pleasure to share information with you, hope you have amazing time here Tom, best of luck!

working