Why I am getting a low hub score everytime I publish a new hub

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Mala Srivastava profile image59
    Mala Srivastavaposted 12 years ago

I am a new hubber and I am getting low hub scores from the beginning despite my sincere efforts to produce good quality hubs. Does low hub scores mean that no follow is applicable to my hubs.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No.  Your author score makes your hubs nofollow.  Once your personal author score is above 75, then all your hubs will be "dofollow."

At least that's what I'm told, and if you use firefox there is an app or extension, or whatever that you can add to the firefox browser that will highlight every link so as you can tell what is "nofollow, " "dofollow."

So really, (I've not seen your hubs) - what you need to work on is participation here in the community so as to raise your author score.

I can show you profiles of persons who claim to be "scientist" who publish extremely low quality hubs consisting of a picture of a deformed goat, and twenty five words....and have a hubpages author score in the low 90's.

The only reason that that person's author score could possibly be so high is because they participate often in these forums, Q & A, and ...whatever else they do.

Mala Srivastavaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Wesman for your advice.

2. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 12 years ago

My hubs start out with low scores and as they are viewed and commented on the score rises.

Thanks mljdgulley354

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years ago

I don't know what you mean by "low score", but I think most hubs start with a much lower score and then go up to where they probably stabilize.

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

For only being here for four days, your author score isn't bad. I would recommend not publishing so many at one time. Let your hubs sit for at least 24-48 hrs. then publish them. Don't worry so much about your author score, just publish good quality hubs.

500-1500 words with original or non-copyrighted pics. No pixelated or watermarked pics. Don't forget your summary and add at least 10 tags to each hub; but from what I see you have provided plenty of length and clear pics. Keep up the good work! smile

1. Pcunix profile image91
      Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

But on the other hand.. by publishing a bunch right away, a month from now all of them should be stable and they will tend to dampen the effect of publishing new hubs then.

The more old you have behind you, the less effect new has (assuming good hubs, of course).

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense too. smile But if you publish to many at one time, your score reflects it. I know. lololo! smile

2. Mala Srivastava profile image59

Thanks AEvans for giving me this information.

5. CrazyGata profile image83
    CrazyGataposted 12 years ago

I've known hubbers with very low scores and very high income... don't you worry.

Exactly!

James Watkins produces the most thorough content on this entire website, and my score is always higher than his is now.

All that matters is having an author score above 75.

1. Pcunix profile image91
        Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nope.

EVEN scores matter.  Odd scores are, well, odd..

No, seriously:  I have no idea.  High Hub score might even indicate a problem in some cases.  For example, I've seen my score rise when I am getting a lot of visits from other Hubbers.   As happy as I am to see them, it's Google traffic I want..

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just refuse to write hubs about hubbers or hubpages....I like social networking - but if we aren't working towards appealing to an audience that ISN'T on hubpages.com....all we're doing here is social networking.

2. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good advice. smile

3. Mala Srivastava profile image59

Thanks for motivating me CrazyGata.

6. Becky Katz profile image79
    Becky Katzposted 12 years ago

When you first write a hub, your score will be about 50 or 55. If you wait to publish it for a day or two and then go do your final polish, just before you publish it, the score will go up 10-20. The links, pictures, and tags will all add to your hubscore.
    When you participate in the community, it bring your hubber score up, publishing without waiting and publishing several at a time will bring it down. Asking and answering questions, participating in the forums, reading and commenting on hubs, and hub hopping are all participating in the community. When I answer a question, I know my hubber score will go up.
    Being on here for just four days and publishing the number of hubs that you did is why your hubber score is low and the hub scores will go up as they age and are read. I hope this helps you. Good luck and welcome.

Thank you very much for these wonderful suggestions. I will remember them.

7. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 years ago

I think a low hub score can mean a lot of things, and I think mostly those scores are related to basic things like good content, proper grammar and structure, and strong SEO techniques.  You also have to write about things that the outside world wants to read.  People may not care about how you trained your dog to beg, but they might really be interested to learn what happened when he got an intestinal infection and the steps you took to help him get better.  It takes time to learn everything, and it also takes time for Google to find your hubs.  I've been here a month and Google is just now starting to find me...but I've also gone back and made a lot of changes and improvements.

Thanks for the advice TIMETRAVELER2

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)