jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (25 posts)

Is it normal to be making over $1.00 a day from a specific hub?

1. profile image0
    desireegordianposted 4 years ago

That's awesome. I haven't been able to generate a penny.

1. TechFuture profile image60
      TechFutureposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It seems like I got lucky. I don't even know.

1. Winterfate profile image98
        Winterfateposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd wager it's that the hub about torrents getting all of the traffic. Clever. Hadn't thought about writing about that. big_smile

@TechFuture: No problem! big_smile

2. Winterfate profile image98
    Winterfateposted 4 years ago

Not precisely normal, but as already has been said, don't question it. Go with the flow! big_smile

(My best performing hubs make around 25-35 cents a day).

Would you suggest making tons of decent hubs that are quick easy reads, or like 20-50 well thought out hubs?

3. Maria Cecilia profile image82
    Maria Ceciliaposted 4 years ago

that's very high for me... congrats

4. Winterfate profile image98
    Winterfateposted 4 years ago

Well, what works for one niche won't necessarily work for another, but:

- You'll want to hit at least the lowest rung of words recommended by Hubpages (750 words). The more supplementary material you can add to your hub (especially images and tables) to help your main idea, the better. You don't need 3000 word articles, but extremely short hubs might catch Google's eye in a negative way.
    - In short, you'll definitely want to think your hubs through. Quality will beat out quantity every day of the week, especially post-Panda (aka. 2011 to present-day).

Hope this helps. smile

Great insight!
      Glad you mentioned the 750 word minimum. It's ironic because I raised the word count on 1 of my hubs to 750 the other day to see if it would help the traffic grow.

I'll look more in to this Panda thing I keep hearing about. Quality > Quantity, got it. Thanks for your help!

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

Oh shoot! I revealed my earnings as well.

6. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Okay, I am once again feeling like an idiot, scouring my account trying to figure out where you're seeing the hub-by-hub breakdown of which hubs are earning what.

All I can see is how much eBay/Adsense/etc my account earned on a given day.

What am I missing? I asked this question once before. At the time, the Hubpages veterans told me there was no way to see an individual hub's earnings. I gather that has now changed. Where should I look?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think he has three hubs and he did mentioned that the rest have minimal views. Oh he is banned.

1. Bryan Mangan profile image82
        Bryan Manganposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Banned?  For not having enough views?  Do they seriously do that here?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't know why he is banned, I just looked at his profile and it said he is banned.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
            Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think he mentioned somewhere that he is 17.

7. profile image0

aww, There's an age limit? sad . He/she was so lucky.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope there's no limit, but there is a minimum age (must be at least 18). It is surprising  how many 'kids' mention their age in their profiles. Nobody reads the TOS.  Some of them would probably slip through easily, but if they mention their age they won't.

8. profile image0

Hah! yes, which is what I meant, minimum.

9. Abby Campbell profile image91
    Abby Campbellposted 4 years ago

Is there a specific page that we can check to see how each hub is doing? I can only see how popular my hubs are by views, not how much they are earning except as a total.

10. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

No.

Apparently the OP guessed that one Hub was making the bulk of his income because he only has a few hubs and the others were getting negligible traffic.

Which is still not a total certainty, since certain ads pay better than others. Sometimes a page that's only getting a little traffic, but it's highly targeted traffic that tends to be looking for exactly the sort of things that are showing up in that page's ads, may make more money than a page that attracts all sorts of casual passersby, but they're just enjoying the page content, not clicking on any ads.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

He was probably banned because he mentioned his earnings, which is a big no-no here!

working