jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

HubPages is not the only site that has writers down right now

1. Act 3 profile image91
    Act 3posted 4 years ago

There are lots of forum posts and discussions going on about problems with HubPages traffic. How many of you have issues at other sites right now? I also write at textbrokers. Open Orders are almost nonexistent as of late. Team and Direct Orders are fewer than usual, or maybe the Team Orders are just getting snatched up really fast. I was accepted at Writers Access and submitted my profile, but it has been over a week and I'm still waiting for approval. How are the rest of you faring at content writing sites?

1. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There were about 3000  in Textbroker this morning.

2. Greekgeek profile image94
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

My income at my main writing site dropped from $1200-1000 / month to $230-200 / month.

Needless to say, I've been putting more elbow grease into my own websites and blogs of late. I'd never troubled to monetize them, since I seemed to draw better income on third party platforms which slather my content with more ads than I could stand on my own properties. At this point, however, since my own sites maintain steady traffic, I've bit the bullet and added a little Adsense and AmAssoc to my sidebars, and have resolved to write more consistently on sites that I control.

...except that really, Hubpages is still solid for me. If I hadn't gotten burned out on digital sharecropping, I'd be adding more hubs to my portfolio. I'm still waiting for the Angel of Traffic Death to finish buying donuts down the street and attend to my cul-de-sac.

1. ologsinquito profile image92
      ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Greekgeek,

Did you opt out of Editor's Choice? Someone else suggested doing that if things are going well. What do you think?

1. Greekgeek profile image94
        Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep. I don't want to risk losing what's working for me. Steady as she goes, Mr. Sulu...

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It might be good to sprinkle some salt or something, at that.  The angel seems to have left my neighborhood, leaving the gate swinging.  Traffic shows a sharp uptick the last couple of days.

3. ologsinquito profile image92
    ologsinquitoposted 4 years ago

Thanks Greekgeek, that seems to be a safer course right now.

working