jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon Associates

1. ZachMayes profile image60
    ZachMayesposted 4 years ago

I have recently been informed that my Amazon Associates account is being canceled because I live in Missouri. I am not to concerned with this because I have never made that much from my Amazon links, but I was curious how this is affecting other writers.

2. blueheron profile image95
    blueheronposted 4 years ago

Same here. I'm also in Missouri. I removed my Amazon ads, to cut down on clutter.

3. drpennypincher profile image97
    drpennypincherposted 4 years ago

Why is Amazon cancelling Amazon Associates accounts in MO?  Is this a state sales tax issue?

4. alexandriaruthk profile image50
    alexandriaruthkposted 4 years ago
    1. drpennypincher profile image97
      drpennypincherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link.  This is really bad news if you have invested a lot of time building Amazon marketing into your sites.

5. SagaSphere profile image82
    SagaSphereposted 4 years ago

get a P.O box in another state and use that as your address?? There are a lot of good forwarding services too for a hands off approach.

1. ZachMayes profile image60
      ZachMayesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I considered that Saga, but I am not sure if it is worth the hassel of paying taxes in multiple states.

6. skear profile image89
    skearposted 4 years ago

I live in Kansas and was recently dropped by Amazon as well thanks to the new tax nexus laws.  I ended up switching to Skimlinks and so far I've ended up making more money than I was previously through Amazon associates.

Skimlinks allows you to continue making commissions from Amazon and (other companies) regardless of the tax status in your state.  They do take a cut of your earnings but they have negotiated higher commision rates with many vendors and I've found I make more money overall.

This is mostly helpful if you run your own blog but you can use the Skimlinks anywhere feature to post affiliate links on Hubpages as long as you stay within the link limit.

working