jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Profile Page aka Home page improvement

1. Cardisa profile image94
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Every website has a homepage. Our homepage is our profile page. Would it not improve our page rank and overall traffic to promote our homepage as well by adding our social networks.? How about adding the Facebook and Google+ buttons to the homepage/profile page so we can promote our entire website-sub-domain instead of only individual hubs?

Why is HP reluctant to re-instate the Google+ button when it is known to improve Goggle ranking? It is recommended that your site's homepage contain your social feeds.

1. lobobrandon profile image92
      lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Google search team says that the +1 has no effect on rankings at all. I think otherwise, but that's what they say.

Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think it does but Google is playing hardball. Nice to see you Brandon smile

1. lobobrandon profile image92
          lobobrandonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Haha smile thanks. I keep checking the forums only reply to people I know these days. Yeah my traffic is going up and down. A plus 1 button would definitely help no harm adding it. Load times don't increase that much.

2. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Cardisa, those links are available to include on our profile pages.  Do you mean something different?  I see both Facebook and Google+ on your profile page.

Hi Rebekah, I am not talking about links to our FB profile pages. I am talking about the like or share buttons.

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
          rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I thought that's probably what you meant once I posted.  Those features used to be at the bottom of our hubs quite a while ago.
          I guess they figure that not many people would share a profile page, which is probably true.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's not appropriate to add your profile page to Facebook or Google+ more than once, so you don't need a button to do that.

2. SAM ELDER profile image81
    SAM ELDERposted 4 years ago

I completely agree with Cardisa, Google+ button is necessary.
    I also noticed that Hubpages is in black list of Wikipedia.. I guess because of spamming it with links? .... or not?

Really? I had no idea that Wiki blacklisted them. But I doubt that will affect their rankings.

2. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wikipedia blacklists most user-generated content sites, because so many users abuse the ability to add links.

3. pamelareadz profile image60
    pamelareadzposted 4 years ago

Good idea to post our social links on our homepage.

working