My followers are not writing hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (42 posts)
  1. tamron profile image65
    tamronposted 10 years ago

My recent notification to my email has no new hubs from my followers.  The past 2 months I seen less and less new hubs being published.  Now a big fat Zero!

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image42
      Emmanuel Marosiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is simple. The notification says that your followers are not publishing any hubs. This means that you do not have enough followers, may be you don't have any follower at all. If you do, Hubpages have the fanmail there to help you communicate with your followers and encourage each other. Hubpages is a community where we share ideas and encourage each other. We must be active participants so that we could come out on the top.

tamronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Normally there is 10 or more new published hubs.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She has 193 more followers than you do.

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The notification you receive is not to tell you about hubs your followers have published, it is to tell you about hubs the people you follow have published. So what you are saying is that those who you chose to follow are not publishing hubs. There is no way of knowing if the people who followed you have published hubs unless you followed every last one of them too.

I am glad you cleared that up.  I just assumed if someone is following you.  They see your hubs.  I did not know I got to follow them and them follow me.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88

No, you still don't understand what I am saying. The people who follow you will get to see your hubs whether you follow them back or not. However, for some reason in your first post you seemed to be under the impression that you would get notifications of any hubs they had written in your daily email. Why would you if you haven't decided to follow them back?

Look at it this way, if I am followed by 6 people, let's call them A, B, C, D ,E and F. I decided I liked the look of the topic persons B, D and F write about too so I 'followed' them back, but I wasn't so interested in the topics persons A, C and E wrote about so I didn't bother to follow them back. In my daily email from HP I will only receive notifications about any new stuff B, D and F published, not A, C and E. However all of them will receive notifications about the stuff I publish because they all followed me. You seemed to think that you would get notifications about stuff all 6 of them had published, even though in this scenario you were only following 3 of them but all 6 were following you.

Does that help or have I confused you more than ever?

One last thing that might really help. In your original post you said :

"My recent notification to my email has no new hubs from my followers."

This would have been a logical statement if you had said:

"My recent notification to my email has no new hubs from the people I follow".

You won't get email notifications about new hubs of people who follow you i.e. followers, unless you happen to be following them too.

2. ComfortB profile image85
        ComfortBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You only get to see the hubs of your followers if you follow them.

Exactly, this is what I was trying to explain to Tamron.

3. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Like you, I normally see about 10 or more new hubs published each day by the hubbers I follow. Today, only two new hubs were published.

2. profile image0
    Ronnytronposted 10 years ago

No one is getting paid; why would they waste their time writing hubs if no one is reading them.
    Do you still write?

1. SAM ELDER profile image55
      SAM ELDERposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Interesting comment by someone with zero hubs, with zero experience in hubpages and with overly self-assertive attitude. 
      http://s4.hubimg.com/u/8358527_f248.jpg

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't agree with your statement that no one is getting paid. I am getting paid here and my traffic has improved since the last Google update. My earnings have also increased. In order to get paid you must put in the work and maintain your account.

1. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1 and I'd like to add,some writers put in the time,sweat,and effort to make money here:Kudos to them.Others(raises hand)don't give a sh#t about money,being politely correct,or being appropriate with what they write.I write what comes to me and that can be disturbing to others at times,but it satisfies my soul and that's priceless.To hubbers on my side of the fence I say...Screw the numbers,lets shake this place UP!

3. skear profile image92
      skearposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm still getting paid here and I think others are as well otherwise no one would be left.  I think you get out of the site what you put into it.

3. profile image0

I have another account here.

4. tamron profile image65
    tamronposted 10 years ago

Ya but I have been sick and plus I have been out of town.  The last hub was about 3 weeks ago.  I been doing a few edits here and there but it seems my hubs don't want to stay featured.  It pisses me off when I write a hub than a few days later it is unfeatured due to lack of engagement.  I have a hub that was getting 400 plus views a day over night drops to 29 now 18 views.  I don't know but my blog is out doing my hub account and its less than 2 years old.  The quality on my blog is no ware near as good as my hubpage articles.

1. profile image0
      Ronnytronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you make on your blog?
      I am thinking of starting one.

I can't disclose my earnings but I made payout every month until last month.  I don't just earn from Adsense so actually I get 2 incomes on one of my blogs.  I am looking for other alternative incomes.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image86
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Tamron:  Please don't take this personally, but one of the reasons your work may be unfeatured is that your spelling is not good.  Hopefully, you are not using the same kind of language on hubs that you use here in the forums.  If so, that could be another problem you have.  If you are want to be a professional writer (one who gets paid), you need to produce professional level work.  I have not looked at your hubs, but can see a potential problem just from reading your post here.  Sorry.

No I am not offended at all nor did I say I was a professional writer.  You are so right!  I upgraded my Firefox browser and now neither one of my spell checkers are working.  Now  I am forced to use Explorer.  I am using a used computer and Microsoft Word was deleted.  So I am screwed!

1. Cardisa profile image88

You can get Microsoft word starter which is the free version. It does a fairly good job of assisting you but you must first manually check your work and triple check it after the grammar checker. Ginger grammar checker works with your browser, it's free and very good.

Hi Cardisa
            Do I just Google "Microsoft Word Starter" I have Ginger it but it won't work with Firefox the new update.

Right now I am on explorer.  Which I don't care for but I can use Ginger it on it.

Thanks my friend!  I will download it.  I hope ginger it works with it.  God knows I need the help!

2. Act 3 profile image77
            Act 3posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I use Google Drive. If you have gmail, you can go to drive. You can create documents with most of the typical features. They are stored in the "cloud." I used to use LibreOffice - another downloadable free option - but Google Drive can be accessed from anywhere.

I thought Google drive was storage not like an editor or like MS Word.  Is it like MS Word?

It's more like office. You can do spread sheets, drawings,presentations and word files. You can create, save, download and share from Drive. It's very handy.

5. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Sure, I'm still getting paid, but about 1/3 to 1/2 of what I was before. This is the first month in 18 that I won't hit payout. That's disheartening, but my traffic is starting to go back up a little.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Victoria, This is the exact thing that is happening to me. My traffic keeps going up, so I am trying to stay optimistic. If everyone decides not to write here though, the site is going to go down. I'm thinking it might be time to start writing hubs again.

6. crazyhorsesghost profile image70
    crazyhorsesghostposted 10 years ago

I have never missed a pay out and they have all been nice. Sure they go up and down but I do not depend on just Google. I do work all day most days and I promote heavily.

I won't post exact numbers but I have had days here where I made as much as $500.00 and days where I've made $10.

Don't just depend on Google. Write on Evergreen Topics and promote the hell out of them. I have recipe hubs with a million or more views. You can buy a cheap digital camera and do the same thing.

Pick out a niche and pursue it to the ends of the earth. My favorite Holiday ( Halloween ) is coming soon and I will make big money from it.

Never put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your content over multiple sites so you always have sites that are going to pay you if the other ones don't.

I was once with adult making a thousand dollars a day. For various reasons I no longer do adult but I think I will get back to $1000 a day. But at 300 plus sites including my own. You could do the same thing. But you have to work like hell to get there.

1. ThriftyBoomer profile image60
      ThriftyBoomerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your post is inspiring. I should go buy a cheap camera and post photos on my hubs, especially the crafts. Right now I'm updating hubs that were written a few years ago under another pen name, because I don't believe many people can earn monthly payout with less than 100 hubs. I'm sure there are some geniuses out there, but I am definitely not one of them.

I want to have several baskets after I reach 100-150 hubs right here. I want to get established in one place before moving on to the next. I'm interested in people's opinions of Firehow.

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just checked out this site. It looks interesting. Having all our eggs in the same basket isn't smart for sure. They are not ranked as high as Hubpages though.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm going to put all new material on Hubpages since I know I can earn something here.

But I like that everything is a "how to" like the old eHow. It might be a nice home for the craft and cooking articles stranded on Bukisa. I'm waiting for them to get de-indexed so I can re-home them.

You can de-index articles overnight if you go to webmaster tools (no need to wait weeks for it to happen naturally).

That said my income which was so good here is now so tiny (even with about 270 hubs) that I cannot see any point in really putting anything on here, but it is up to you if you want to try anyway.

You can de-index articles from this link:

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals

Thanks for the link. I'm surprised that you are not earning. I always considered you as one of the more successful Hubbers. You're an excellent writer.

Thanks for the compliment, that is really kind of you to say.

To clarify, I do still earn here, but only about 40% of what I used to. This makes it very disheartening to write more as it seems every time there is another major Panda update everyone's earnings take another plunge (mine included). It has taken a number of Panda updates for my traffic and earnings to get as low as they are today, and whereas I used to earn a good 3 figure part time monthly income here, I now earn a very poor 3 figure part time monthly income here. The immediate reaction most people have when I say that is generally 'wow, I'd be grateful to be on a 3 figure income at all', but they never think it through properly. I very much doubt if they had (purely as an example) been on say $10 a day and it gradually dropped to $4 a day they would be too happy, and they really wouldn't appreciate people then saying to them how grateful they would be just to be on the $4 amount (inferring that the other person should be grateful too).

7. Victoria Lynn profile image89
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Barbara Kay--I wrote a hub last week, but it's hard for me to keep motivated. I had been writing at least four or five per month. I'm adding to rough drafts of hubs now and the, so maybe in a week or two I'll have another. LOL. I'm hoping HP won't go under. :-(

1. profile image0
      Ronnytronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If It helps, our page ranks have improved--not the site's but our individual domains'. I know page rank doesn't matter when ranking in search engines, but it sure indicates that something has changed.
      Let's be optimistic.
      I have decided I will write some good quality hubs this month, do the SEO work, and see how they perform. There is no harm in trying--if it doesn't work, at least I will get some practice
      I am aiming for at least 30 hubs this month. Hope I don't run of of Ideas.
      If it works, I'll let you guys know.

Just one question: will Google sandbox me if I write at that rate?

1. Victoria Lynn profile image89
        Victoria Lynnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it will hurt Google-wise to write 30 hubs. Good luck on keeping up the pace, though. I have a hard time getting hubs out these days. I wanted to do one per week, but I'm not sure that will happen. We shall see. My traffic is up some today, though. :-)

2. profile image0

I already published one. It's probably not that good, but I had to start somewhere.
      It passed the QAP surprisingly quick--usually it took at least a day for my hubs (on a different account) to get featured, but this one was featured in 3 hrs. I did a little SEO too.
      More 29 to go.

3. my-zone profile image67
      my-zoneposted 10 years ago

What criteria they use for publishing/rejecting the hubs?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)