jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages @ Yahoo & Bing

1. KitchenBuyersAid profile image83
    KitchenBuyersAidposted 4 years ago

Hi. I have been watching a few of my hubs climb to p1 in Google search ...Using the same keywords at Bing and Yahoo, my hubs are nowhere to be found. It's been a while now (months)
    Will Hubpages ever rank with search engines other than big G ??

1. Reality Bytes profile image89
      Reality Bytesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Bing and Yahoo rank me better than Google.  Although not as much traffic, they are third and fourth in my traffic sources after Google and my subdomain.

2. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Some of my keywords rank better for bing/yahoo however it does not help as most of the searches are still done through Google...

For now?

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG4jzqvS1awsC2g3B4Hm6kxNzH6U1jQa1j4g62G4ieHPA8YiRQ6w

KitchenBuyersAidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was told 60/40...60% google, 40% everybody else... is that close ??

Google provided a little over 25% of my traffic today.  I am lucky to receive a trickle of traffic from a lot of sources.  Twitter has been good to me today.  smile

To clarify, 25% from Google.com.  I have a bunch from the myriad of other Google sites as well.

KitchenBuyersAidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

RB..I would get trashed if I asked this as a new discussion. So I'll ask my really dumb question here....
            I've never used Twitter... How does Twitter actually create ANY traffic to an HP article??

1. psycheskinner profile image81
              psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

By linking to it.

2. Reality Bytes profile image89

People tweet a link of my article, others then retweet it.  I personally only tweet and fb the link once.  I believe that it helps the search engines index the article once it is published AND featured!

3. Writer Fox profile image78
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

Google has 82.70% of search market share.  Bing and Yahoo (which is powered by Bing) receive 14.45%.  Because more people search using Google, more traffic to HubPages comes from that search engine.

working