jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

Anyone Else Addicted to Google Analytics Real-Time?

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

When I publish a new hub, I love to go into Google Analytics Real-Time Overview and watch the views start rolling in.  Is anyone else addicted to Real-Time?

2. Heather Says profile image98
    Heather Saysposted 4 years ago

I didn't know about this but now I have a new fun thing to do next time. Thanks! smile

1. rebekahELLE profile image89
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is kind of a fun thing to watch at times.  Today may be a great start for you with your awesome Hub of the Day.  Congrats, I absolutely love the hub. 
      Cheers.

2. Mary Kali profile image60
      Mary Kaliposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I want to look into this too!  I thought I was doing good, but I missed this feature somewhere.

3. agilitymach profile image99

You're welcome.  It's most fun to do after posting to your Facebook Fan Page.  That's when the numbers really climb for me. smile

4. Cliff Mendrez profile image89
    Cliff Mendrezposted 4 years ago

Used to be addicted to it back when my traffic was in the thousands. It was quite amusing to see visitors almost every minute. Things have changed though; looking at my real-time stats depresses me.

5. UnnamedHarald profile image98
    UnnamedHaraldposted 4 years ago

I do it to see patterns: which countries my readers are in, busiest times vs time of day, etc.

6. Anamika S profile image47
    Anamika Sposted 4 years ago

I am addicted to Wordfence. I check the Live traffic on my Blog several times a day. This plugin shows details of visitors, crawlers and log in's to the Blog. I get a lot of satisfaction blocking IP's every day, especially those that try Brute Force attacks.

7. agilitymach profile image99

I'm glad I'm not the only one addicted to Real-Time or Real-Time like programs. smile  I'm off now to go watch the views come in on a new hub.

8. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

I wouldn't even know where to find those things... however I do check "my account" sometimes if that impresses you. smile

agilitymachposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Quite impressed. smile  BTW, you can find it by clicking your Google Analytics off of your Earnings page.  You log into Google and on the left column, you click Real-Time.  Click Overview and viola.  You can see how many people are reading your hubs in, well, real time.  I got up to 127 at one moment today - and all time high for me. So that would mean that at that second, i had 127 people reading my hubs.  Right now, I'm at about 50 at any given second. smile

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's probably why I don't check mine... I think "5" would be a downer.

Mine is usually zero to two.  But when I release a hub on my FB Fanpage, I get fun spikes that are cool to watch. I think five on an average day would be pretty good in my book!!

1. profile image0

I wish I could share on FB, but my hubs are too personal and I don't really want to share that stuff with ppl whom's eyes I have to look into... if that makes sense. So I tend to keep it private.

LOL!!!  Yep, I've read your work and can understand.  It's good stuff, but I understand.  Mine is related to my profession, so it's easy to share.  I only have one personal hub really.

1. profile image0

I set the racy stuff aside. Im trying to get back on track. It's hard, but I think Im doing better. lol

working