jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Finally got AdSense approved! Now what?

1. CarolynEmerick profile image90
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

Hey guys, well I was finally approved for Google AdSense after my 11th hub. Ads were turned off on all of my articles because... well, I thought it was rude for them to place ads before I was getting paid! So I've gone through them all and turned ads back on. But they aren't showing up yet. Does that take some time? 

And also, I guess I'm in a conditional preliminary approval period. So I'm confused. Before I was outright rejected, but now it says:

We've completed a partial review of your application. However, you'll not begin to see live ads until we've fully completed our review of your site. Instead, you’ll only see blank ads, which blend in with the background of your site. Once we've completed our review, your application will be fully approved or disapproved.

So does that mean I won't begin earning until the final approval?  And if anyone has any info, tips, or advice I would appreciate it so much. I have no idea what to expect in terms of earnings. If anyone could tell me what kind of traffic you need to make $100 or more a month, or what your earnings and traffic is I would really be grateful!

1. Writer Fox profile image78
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You should be able to earn a couple of dollars a month per Hub.  So much depends upon the CPM your Hub topics will generate in ad revenue, how many products you sell and how much traffic you have to your Hubs. 30,000 visits per month would probably earn $100 at an average CPM.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Carolyn,

It sounds like you'll have to wait for AdSense to complete your review before you can start earning. We don't have any control over AdSense, so you'll have to contact them directly to learn more about the state of your approval/AdSense ID.

CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks so much for the reply :-)

3. ronny2005 profile image73
      ronny2005posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats CarolynEmerick !

2. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 3 years ago

If you put your Adsense pub-id number in the right spot here on HP on your account page, then ads will appear and you can start earning. I'm guessing you must have done that already if they're talking about putting ads up, but I can't remember the process, it's been a year or so since I've done it.

3. CarolynEmerick profile image90
    CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago

it automatically put the adsense number in the spot because I applied through HP... I'm guessing it may take a bit to refresh since I had ads turned off in all my hubs...

CarolynEmerickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks Writer Fox! and also thanks for the other info above, definitely helped :-)

You're welcome!

working