jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

What's with the annoying slide-in,pop-unders and other such ads?

1. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 3 years ago

Whenever I visit a site and am bombarded with pop-unders and the ever annoying "you have a message" ads, I usually retreat and never go back. I always though these sites were spammy. Now HP has become one of them. Jeez, where will it end?

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Not only do I get the occasional pop-ups, not long ago a lot of us were getting redirected to another site. I can't remember the exact explanation, but it had something to with the site providing the add to HP. A lot of us complained about it and someone at HP found the offending add and either had it changed or removed. If you write down what adds are popping up and report it to HP they'll probably be able to do whatever they did before to get rid of them.

1. Cardisa profile image93
        Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was happening this morning, now they are gone. There was a skyscraper to my left which slid in, a banner pop-under and a box ad bottom right. They appeared several times this morning but I am not seeing them now.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image83
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Both pop up and pop unders are blocked in all of our ad network accounts. If you see one on the site it's probably a rogue ad. Unfortunately, rogue ads are a common problem in online advertising. hmm  When you see an ad that violates our guidelines, we need as much information about it as possible so that we can a) figure out which network is serving it and b) submit an accurate report to the network so that they can remove it. Trust me, we don't like these ads either! They can be tricky to track down.  Please try and follow the steps here next time you see one. We'll do our best to get rid of it. Thanks!

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And FF isn't happy with the link. smile

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (hplink) isn't associated with any program."

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image83

Oops! Fixed now. Thanks smile

2. NateB11 profile image93
        NateB11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just got a pop-up ad when I was on My Account page, and it freaked me out and so I quickly got out of there and went to my homepage. All I remember is it was something about taking a survey, the ad had a lot of the color green in it. I realize those are vague clues, just trying to give you what I remember.

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I'm looking at a lovely Toyota ad in Spanish as we speak... big_smile

It's not a pop up, is it?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nah. It's just Toyota expressing their opinion of Southern California.

big_smile

3. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 3 years ago

That's funny because I got loads of these when I just use the usual chrome to sign in, but going to 'incognito window' stops them all so thats how I did it.

4. Radu Costin profile image61
    Radu Costinposted 3 years ago

Incognito mode? You naughty people wink

Closed to reply

working