jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Puzzle Time Jan 25

1. Soniabala profile image59
    Soniabalaposted 3 years ago

Some very clever aliens have captured you. As a test of your intelligence, they have poisoned you and placed the antidote in one of two vials, with the second vial containing more of the same poison. They won't tell you which is which. Instead, Vial A has a label that reads, “The label on the other vial is true, and this is the antidote.” Vial B has a label that reads, “The label on the other vial is false, but it contains the antidote.” Which vial should you drink?

Answers pls

1. christin53 profile image81
      christin53posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm confused so I decided to drink them both and hope there is enough antidote for two lots of poison smile

Soniabalaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image82
      LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Like  cam8510 says, both point to vial A

nice try

2. Mark Lees profile image87
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

Vial "B"

nice try

3. CarpetDiem profile image73
    CarpetDiemposted 3 years ago

ah ha! This reminds me of a great scene from the movie the Princess Bride! Now I've just got to remember the answer to that one, and maybe it will help with this one...

4. CarpetDiem profile image73
    CarpetDiemposted 3 years ago

duh!
    Drink the both! It doesn't matter if you drink more poison, as long as you drink the antidote, which is supposed to be in one of the vials!

Awesome

5. The Examiner-1 profile image77
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I would drink neither and have faith that I did not drink poison in the first place - or I can overcome it myself. After all, why would they poison me and immediately give me an antidote?

6. cam8510 profile image94
    cam8510posted 3 years ago

Both vials point to A as the antidote.

7. Mark Lees profile image87
    Mark Leesposted 3 years ago

Both point to A but the both agree that A is also false. It actually seems to create a paradox.

8. Soniabala profile image59
    Soniabalaposted 3 years ago

Correct Answer

You should drink both vials. The answer cannot be determined from the clues, and if you think about it too long the poison will kill you. Even though you are sure to drink more poison, you are also sure to drink the antidote..

Thank you for your reply guys smile

working