jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Copied Content

1. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Recently, I've noticed that I've been getting less traffic to one of my hubs that was previously my most visited. Sure enough, it's been copied. The prime culprit, I believe, is a Facebook posting in which nearly the entire article appears. Should I file a DCMA or am I better off dealing directly with Facebook? Thanks for your help.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can file a dcma notice  with Facebook and they will remove the content. You can use this form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/2 … 8952?rdrhc

ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cardisa.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry, they will remove it. I have had to do it a few times and they always come through. smile

2. VictoriaSheffield profile image87
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 3 years ago

This is interesting. I did not know that search engines would look at your work a certain way if someone has copied it.

3. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Definitely file the DMCA with Facebook.  I've done that before and they do remove the content.

Thanks WriterFox, I did that and I'm hoping it's fast.

4. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Good news, it's already down. I was also able to contact the owner of the Facebook page, as she is running a business and she immediately agreed to remove the page. I also found it posted in a separate forum and that is gone as well. This is a never-ending battle though.

5. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

That happened to me early on before I knew to tell my friends and associates to post the link only, not the entire article. I got a nastygram from HP implying that my hub wasn't original and I had duplicate content in my hub. I  was a fairly new hubber and did not understand a thing about duplicate anything. Come to find that an associate from the neighborhood association posted the entire article on the association website. It was so stressful until Matthew Meyer located it and I asked my neighbor to take it down. What made the experience so bad is that I thought I had somehow inadvertantly spun content from my research and was about to rewrite the hub! Lessons learned.

It is a lesson learned for me as well. I guess when I see a similar traffic drop, especially on a high traffic day such as Tuesday, I need to suspect copied content.

working