jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Not featured hubs, not ever public?

1. kerlund74 profile image85
    kerlund74posted 3 years ago

I understand that during "boot camp", while I still haven't reach 5 featured hubs, my unfeatured hubs are not public.

If I write hubs that not get featured after I passed "boot camp", are they still not public?

1. Cardisa profile image92
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by not public?

Your hubs will be  viewable by the public. You can choose to place your hubs in the featured section on your profile page. You can also set your profile to show all hubs (featured and unfeatured). If you share an unfeatured hub on Facebook it can be viewed.

kerlund74posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ok, yes I meant "not viewable" by others than me. Thank you for information:)

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If a Hub is published but not featured, it will not be made available to search engines so it will not receive traffic from Google or Bing/Yahoo.

Ok, that is what it meant:)

2. Bidd Waxx profile image82
        Bidd Waxxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

How to get a published hub featured?  It was on the feature page when published, then suddenly not here. How could this happen?

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi kerlund,

While in Boot Camp, your Hubs that are not Featured will be unpublished, which means they can only be seen by you.

When you're out of Boot Camp, your Hubs that are not Featured will still remain published. Search engines won't be able to see them, but you can share them with friends and on social media using the Hub's URL.

Thank you for helping:)

working