jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Question about Amazon affiliate

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
    SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago

I have opted in to the HP Amazon program and on the Amazon associates website my tracking ID is hubpXXXX-20

Can I use this tracking ID elsewhere, or if i can will it make tracking sale difficult or should I create another tracking ID?

1. IzzyM profile image89
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can use your existing Amazon ID elsewhere, or create a new tracking ID. Makes no difference and you should still earn from it.
      Your original tracking reference number would have been suggested to you depending on the url of the hub you submitted to Amazon when you made your application to join. Guess it was a hub! Lol

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You may use the tracking code, supplied by Amazon, elsewhere.  If you refer to something assigned by HubPages, no you can't.  Although mine is hubacctXXX-20, I suspect that's what your are looking at.

1. SpaceShanty profile image93
        SpaceShantyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So I should just 'Add Tracking ID' to make a new one for use off HP?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you have signed up with Amazon, use the one they gave you.  And, looking at mine from Amazon, it is indeed hubpXXXX-20.  It has been so long since I looked at it I had forgotten. 

That number is acceptable for use elsewhere or you can make a new one.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you've opted in to the new HubPages Amazon program, then you won't see any more sales on your personal Amazon account, so you won't need to set up a new tracking ID.   

The new Amazon ID assigned for the HP Amazon program works ONLY on HP.   Your personal Amazon code - the one you can see on your Amazon Associates account - is your own personal one, and you can use it anywhere.   You can set up different tracking codes for different sites if you want to know where sales are coming from.

2. jhehe profile image91
    jheheposted 3 years ago

Although it doesn't matter, I personally would have an ID only for Hubpages and then maybe another ID for another source such as your blog. I guess the reason is to be able to track your earnings & sales sources better compared to having one ID used in multiple locations.

working