jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (15 posts)

Pinging your Articles

1. CyberShelley profile image78
    CyberShelleyposted 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if pinging really helps and if so, what should you be pinging?  The whole hub or individual articles.   I know there are a few Pinging sites that are free such as http://www.indexkings.com/ and others such as Pingler, who would like you to pay but ping automatically for you.  Your thoughts and advice will be appreciated.

2. Sandra Eastman profile image79
    Sandra Eastmanposted 3 years ago

I am not familiar with pinging enough to offer to much insight but would sure like to know more.  Will follow this forum

1. janshares profile image98
      jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yea, what's pinging?

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Pinging tells search engines to index your page.

1. janshares profile image98
          jansharesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Okay, thanks.

3. billabongbob profile image78
    billabongbobposted 3 years ago

I have never found pinging to be of any asset to HubPages. Tweet instead, gives a result at least!!!

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Google and other search engines easily find hubs without the need to pings them.

5. profile image0
    spahi992posted 3 years ago

Pinging is like sending fake traffic, and search engines don't like. A lot of websites have an "ani-ping mod"  where they don't count that traffic.
    This might have worked a few years back and you would have been number 1 on Google for a long time, but not anymore. Or maybe the niches I was in were too competitive.  Anyway, I stopped pinging a long time ago and I learned that pinging is now bad.

CyberShelleyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

spahi992, Thank you so much for the explanation and giving the reasons.  Now anyone interested, including me, knows not to bother.  Many thanks again.

6. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

There is no point to pinging any site more than once. And there is generally no point at pinging a site Google and Bing crawl as often as this one at all.

psycheskinner,  Thank you for taking the time to explain that it is really a waste of time.  Much appreciated.

7. profile image54
    shamim063posted 3 years ago

There are many site and you can ping your article and your site url for pinging. It will help your site become popular.

8. VictoriaSheffield profile image84
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 3 years ago

I need to find those sites. I had the same question CyberShelley!

9. VictoriaSheffield profile image84
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 3 years ago

I need to find those sites. I had the same question CyberShelley!

VictoriaSheffield,  Hello, please see psycheskinner and spahi992 and shamim063 above to make your decision, as to whether you should bother.  HubPages is so big Bing and Google go through it daily.  Ping Farm and IndexKings.com are some ping sites.  Try to Google pings sites for more.  Also read below "Do you submit your hub articles to ping services?" for good answers.

working