jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Slimed Hub. Any way to save it?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

--- Link removed by OP ---

Just read the update at the top of the hub. Don't bother with the rest of it. <edit: never mind>

Post your solutions, ideas, and comments here to help others being subjected to the same thing. Who knows? Maybe this hub and the thousands like it can be saved in some way.

Edit: Here's what the update on the hub said,

"This page has been stolen over two dozen times by various slime websites selling junk consumer products. To see for yourself, just paste this text from this page into Google: 'I squint at the food mart gas prices sign across the street on the left.' Now I know why this hub never gets traffic and never will. I have given up. Hub scheduled for deletion on HubPages and transfer to <redacted by OP>.

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I once had a hub wih this scenario going on.  Totally stolen, and dumped right into syndication so there were over 100 copies out there.  My Hub was on a hot celeb at the time, and I had a lot more info that was utterly original (which is key) which I had not yet added to the Hub.  (That's key too.)

I filed a couple NOIs to take down the highest ranking offenders first, and because one single notice to Blogspot was able to take out several dozen copies.  Thinning the field helps.  I rewrote the article, making it a killer, media-rich Hub (a few years before HubPages themselves caught onto the idea) The stolen version, while still all my work, paled massively. When the celeb's new movie hit DVD a day later, I got 50k pageviews to that one Hub in a day.  I did zero special promotion, just got the new stuff up when the topic was white-hot.

Unless you have really good, totally-original (meaning the ideas and not just your words) intel/info content you can add, I don't see your article as being able to leap above the general pool of this topic despite seasonal interest.

paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. You are right. I'm going to let Hubbers peruse the corpse for a couple more hours and then I'm going to unpublish it. It was one of my more weirder literary efforts anyway. big_smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image84

This hub has been unpublished. The planned memorial service has been cancelled due to lack of interest. Hopefully, the critter saved a few lives during its time. On to the next adventure.

4. paradigmsearch profile image84

What with the content of that hub being associated with so many truly garbage websites, I'm wondering if that content being on my subdomain was actually hurting my subdomain now.

In other words, Google would think, "All other websites having that content are garbage websites, therefore the pds subdomain must also be a garbage website".

Lovely thought, isn't it?

Needless to say, I've submitted the URL removal request. Would be doing that anyway, even without the above scenario.

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've never tried to get content taken down after I'd removed my original.  Let us know if that even works since you can no longer hold up that Hub as active/live web proof.

Good point.

I shall stash the old URL here for use on the wayback machine if need be: paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/Car-Driving-Safety-Tips-How-to-Avoid-Auto-Traffic-Accidents

5. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 3 years ago

I can tell you right now one of the reasons your article got targeted by content thieves.

Your title/URL.

Too many keywords.  By trying to make a key string that was all things to all keywords, you also made something super attractive and effective for content thieves.

Too bad it didn't work with Google, too. lol

I really liked that hub, but after repeated edits, all sorts of other efforts, and all the rest of it; I knew it was never going to get any traffic no matter what I did.

So, I shipped it off to "B", with full authentication; snatched my $2; and called it a day. Who knows? Maybe the thing will even get some residual traffic.

6. paradigmsearch profile image84

Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission. Attention Federal Trade Commission.

Everything you need to find a whole bunch of websites that might be selling counterfeit goods is contained in this forum thread. Just thought you would like to know. So use that search string in the opening post and get busy.

FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC FTC

working