jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)

FIXED: Sideshows Acting Goofy

1. EricDockett profile image94
    EricDockettposted 3 years ago

I meant slideshows, not sideshows. That's a whole 'nother issue around here. Anyway . .

When I was editing one of my Hubs the other day I realized the slideshow wasn't acting correctly. When I clicked on an image in a Hub the slideshow screen appeared but the picture quickly decreased in size until it disappeared. Very weird.

Then the screen froze up and I had to close the browser to get out.

I figured it was a temporary glitch because I saw it happening on other people's Hubs too.

Today I notice it is still doing it, but appears to be only on my own Hubs. Also, the social icons are not appearing on the slideshow screen.

The problem persists no matter which of my accounts I am using, and no matter the original picture source, how long ago I added the picture, or when the Hub was last edited. In other words, even Hubs I haven't edited for months are having this issue.

I use Chrome but don't see how it could be browser-related, since the problem only occurs on my own Hubs. Slideshows seem to act correctly when viewing Hubs of others.

Cleared cookies, cleared browsing history, no help.

I hope this can be fixed because if every viewer who clicks on an image in one of my Hubs has to close their browser that's going to hurt.

Help!

1. The Examiner-1 profile image79
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Eric,
      I looked at several of your Hubs and they did not have slideshows. Can you show which you looked at?

EricDockettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean you weren't able to click on a image and launch the slideshow? I do notice that it takes a few seconds for the "See all XX images" message to occur, so you may have to wait a bit. I appreciate you checking it out.

Here's a Hub that ought to have a functional slideshow:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Change-t … e-Easy-Way

I see what you mean about them freezing up Eric. I avoided closing the browser though. I simply closed the tab. Just to be sure, I checked a few of mine and did not see this.

I've noticed this on another Hubber's page again today while investigating this. It doesn't happen to most Hubs I visit, but apparently there is something different about mine and a few others.

I've also noticed when I view a functional slideshow on someone else's Hub, if one of my slideshows appears at the end of theirs I can view it without issue.

Not sure what that means, but maybe the info will be useful to HP staff.

Eric, See if you have javascript enabled on your browser settings. I have also realized that hovering mouse above blue letter title at top and clicking on it returned me to your Hub.

Java is and was enabled.

You're right; the blue link is another way to return to the Hub without closing out the browser. I've also noticed that refreshing the browser brings me back to the Hub, even though the url still says its on the slide.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Eric! This was indeed a bug with the slideshow and a fix is coming soon. Thanks so much for reporting it!

Thanks Marina! I was just about to update this thread with all the things I've been trying on my end to fix this over the past 2 days! smile

I'm seeing the problem across all 4 of my accounts. Should I email you on each of them or will the fix globally address each account?

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84

Nope, we're good! smile Engineering identified the underlying cause of the bug and the fix should be out by the end of the day. I'll post again when the fix is out so that you can check a few Hubs in each of your accounts.

Awesome. Thank you again!

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84

This should be fixed now. Please let me know if you see any issues!

Looks good on all accounts. Thanks!

Closed to reply

working