jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

How can I close my wikinut account

1. grand old lady profile image90
    grand old ladyposted 3 years ago

I have been trying to close my wikinut account. However, I want to do it by closing my articles one by one, so that I can transfer them to Hub Pages. I have written a lot of letters to Wikinut and get no reply, and when I try to shut an article on wikinut it just comes back the next day. Can anyone advise me on how to get rid of this pernicious account?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Couple questions...

Have you already saved copies of all your articles?

Does wikinut allow you to edit your articles?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Follow up...

If the answers to the above questions are yes, then I think you know what I'm going to suggest... big_smile

Replace each article content with 1's and 0's with the message "[Account closed. Article transferred.]" scattered amongst it.

Then walk away.

Of course this advice is contingent on you being the full and legal owner of those articles, and have the right to remove them, and which wikinut has failed to comply with your instructions.

And I'm not a lawyer.

grand old ladyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Shil1978, among other things, I also wrote the reviewer and nothing happened.

Paradigmsearch, I think you have the best idea, since nothing else is working. THAT is what I'm gonna do. You're a genius.

Examiner 1, I tried that link, but it got me NOWHERE:(. I'm gonna do the Paradigmsearch method. Thanks to everyone for your help:)

2. Shil1978 profile image88
      Shil1978posted 3 years ago in reply to this

From what I remember, you should mail the reviewer who reviewed your article to remove the particular article. So, I suppose you should send mails to the respective reviewers who reviewed and approved your articles. I only had about 2-3 articles and they were removed the very next day after I followed this process.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image80
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

grand old lady,
    Here is their Contact Us link. Perhaps you should ask them directly how to go about closing your account.
    http://www.wikinut.com/contactus/

Thanks Examiner-1, I tried that but they never responded. However, will try again.

1. Shil1978 profile image88
        Shil1978posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can use the contact feature too, if you find that the reviewer is not responding.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image80
        The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

grand old lady,
        I do not know whether you are aware of this but I found out that they are owned by Wikinut, Ltd. in England & Wales, so it may take a while to respond.

Also, if you never hear from them, I think there is this choice: http://guides.wikinut.com/Wikinut-terms … t-handling

Last of all, they can always find a way to terminate your account under Terms of Use.

3. MG Singh profile image82
    MG Singhposted 3 years ago

You have to write to the chief moderator cum editor Mark. That should help out

Would you know how I could write to Mark? I was looking for an editor's box, or even a staff box, but couldn't find any at all.

working