A hubber speaks out on wikinut

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

I joined Wikinut and posted an article which has haed quite good viewing and has earned 2p!
    Noticed this article today- its about a hubber who says that we are in essence a spam factory(my generalisation) and quotes a hubber who says write one hub in ten minutes
    thought I would share this with you all

1. rmr profile image69
      rmrposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I can see why they had trouble here. It's not a very well written article, and I suspect they used a fair amount of hyperbole to make their point. Nice pic of Ryan though.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

I added my 2 cents smile

3. nell79 profile image78
    nell79posted 13 years ago

I put my two cents too. I was a little more biting than I usually am, but that's just my mood today.

4. ThomasE profile image68
    ThomasEposted 13 years ago

Why give them a backlink? It is just a link bait post, written by an idiot.

1. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking it's a shame they now have a backlink here too. LOL

5. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 13 years ago

Ohhhhh all right it was me handing out crappy advice. Caught dead bang lol!

What a load of tripe. Someone taking a pot shot across the bows. Let 'em get on with it. HP is taking a kicking all round. Whoever is saying whatever isn't going to make me jump ship.

I'm proud of my work on this site and I won't be jumping ship at the first sign of a storm, so anyone that's wading in whilst we need it the least can go suck eggs.

HP may not be full of happy vibes right now but for sure I've learned a lot from my time here. I'm not bailing out just because the nay sayers are gloating.

I still love hanging round, I'm still learning the ropes and I've come across some of the friendliest, warmest and most helpful people I've ever met through this site. I really wish I could tell some of you guys just who has helped me, why and how much.

How many sites around the internet can boast of having a community and a team heading it all up like we've got here?

*cheerleader out*

1. RedElf profile image89
      RedElfposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Go froggy!
      I'm with you!!
      big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

2. katiem2 profile image61
      katiem2posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree and third that!  smile cool:

6. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 13 years ago

That is just a daft kid who was kicked off here for spamming getting his own back! Or thinking he is getting his own back. His frequent reference to 'puking' gave his age and intelligence level away.
    And he seems to be very anti-authority in his reference to 'elites' who he clearly sees as probation officers, of which he no doubt has had a lot of contact with.
    His reference to the 100 hub score is probably a backlash against his inability to ever pass an exam paper.
    The rest is wishful thinking smile

1. nell79 profile image78
      nell79posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think you're right, he's (she's?) obviously been stung here. I don't think he'd (she'd?) be capable of reaching 100 Hubber score here. I can't even do it! LOL Hmmmmm..........what does that say about me? lol

7. nell79 profile image78

I went to see what else this person had to say in their other articles and found another about google slapping HubPages. They got another hubber backing them in their assessment of the content here being rubbish.

They used the hubs on hubhopping as an example. The whole thing just made me mad. I've had a great experience here. And yes, while I have read some crappy hubs while hopping, I thought that was the whole point of hopping--to weed out the crap.

On the other hand, when I'm searching hubpages on certain content, I'm rarely disappointed at the articles I find.

It's funny that they mention Ehow in a more favorable light than HubPages. I just emailed Ehow today because they removed one of my articles. It wasn't because it was substandard, it was because it had the same title as another, more popular article on there. So I went to read this article that superceded mine and it was crap. It wasn't nearly as informative either. But that's how they apparently do things over there.....Oh yes! So much better than here!

8. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 13 years ago

Hastily written article gets 40 thousand visits in first hour?

Impressive or is the story surrounding it a complete work of fiction?

There's a lot of misplaced hate in that article.

1. frogdropping profile image78
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The numbers will be BS. Some of what he/she says is fair - HP has picked up an understandable bad rep of late. The rest just smacks of failure.

Fresh air and fooling around doesn't put food on the table. And just because a hub is aimed at selling something doesn't mean it also equals crap.

Like advertising to gain a sale, nothing more, nothing less. It's how you advertise that matters.

9. nell79 profile image78

Ugh...now the other writer who says she writes here says she knows some of the hubbers who have responded there and (to paraphrase) none of us are very good.

Of course, considering how illiterate her post was, anyone with sense would think twice before taking her word on it. I don't want to sound mean, as I'm just as capable as the next person at having typos in my posts. I just hate it when someone takes a few facts, twists them to suit their purpose, and then ignorantly slams anyone who disagrees with them.

10. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

A complete waste of energy to bother with people who are negative against Hubpages. Their lack of understanding isn't worth the effort and giving them a backlink to Hubpages shouldn't be done. wink

11. CASE1WORKER profile image62
    CASE1WORKERposted 13 years ago

i have snapped the link- we have all seen enough and like you all, i will admit to typos and the odd sales hub, but most of us write well and once the spammers are out of the way i will defend any hubber, We all have to learn when i look back at my early attempts i  think eek! but at least they were true and honest

12. rebekahELLE profile image84
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

I think I remember reading something similar in a hub. Someone was saying it shouldn't take over 20 minutes to write an article  blah, blah.. 

As was already mentioned, we know there are ex hubbers who are probably loving this google slap, and using it to bash the site.

And it all seems rather ironic to me in one respect - look how many articles are written daily, all over the web, about how to make money using Google adsense.. didn't they [Google] realize this would ultimately turn into one giant mess with everyone writing articles about how to make money? And now the 'articles' just keep pouring in.

13. Aficionada profile image81
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Well, I just had to go and add my $2.00 worth over there.

Obviously I'm wondering who the advisor-in-question could be - but I'm not convinced his story was true at all.

14. Rebecca E. profile image79
    Rebecca E.posted 13 years ago

I read teh article as well, and I will say this, so you don't have to go over there, I was very much told her to come on over and rate my hubs.. ( yes this person is a she)  she's been writing quite a bit, and evem goes as far as to say that teh "owners" (never mentions them!) have offered her a job. 

I went as far as to tell her to come here and look at my work and rate it... no responce thus far, except to tell me that she was joking.

As for teh other Google smaks hubspages, I beleive it was me who made mention that there is alot of spam on hubpages. However, I was being scarcatic.  There are plenty of good hubs here, just as there are plenty of not so good. (like everywhere... thanks for the post here Nell.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)