jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Can't get Adsense to Act Right

1. kndashy41 profile image82
    kndashy41posted 3 years ago

I currently have 8 featured hubs and for some strange reason, Adsense won't approve my application.  I would like to begin earning money and getting more exposure, but Adsense is blocking me.  How do I get past this roadblock?  Any suggestion would help.  Thanks.

1. sherwani profile image60
      sherwaniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Need more traffic

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We recommend 20-25 Featured Hubs before applying to AdSense. Also, depending on your home country, you may have other restrictions such as a 6-month waiting period before AdSense will even consider approving your application.

For now, it's a good idea to concentrate on writing high-quality, useful Hubs, and you may also want to check AdSense's particular requirements for your country if you live outside the U.S.

I know it can be frustrating to get everything up and running, but from your Hubs it looks like you're a good writer. Keep at it and you'll have everything figured out in no time. For more tips on when to apply for AdSense, you can also check out the Learning Center Entry.

3. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

AdSense keeps raising the bar and just won't stop. I've seen estimates as high as 25 for the number of hubs required now.

I'm guessing new bloggers on Blogger still have a much easier time of it. So, if you've ever thought about starting a blog or website anyway....

Then you can apply from there and use the assigned AdSense account number here.

1. sherwani profile image60
        sherwaniposted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks for giving an estimate Go figure "25"

2. Amy Naylor profile image85
        Amy Naylorposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You have to wait for six months on Blogger before you can even attempt to apply for AdSense. So unless you're in a country where it's the same on HubPages then it's much easier to become part of the program here.
        You just need decent quality hubs and a regular upload rate. Become as active as possible within the HP community to gain support and pageviews and enjoy your time here. Before you know it you'll be being accepted!

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
          paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for info re: Blogger. I wasn't aware they were doing that now. I wonder if that 6-month thing also applies to new, non-Blogger sites? Be kind of odd if Google picks on its own website platform, but not others. Sure is getting to be one tough town around here...

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I just now noticed that Christy's post snuck in ahead of mine. She's sneaky. big_smile

3. kndashy41 profile image82
    kndashy41posted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone!  I think I am starting off pretty good, but I have to find ways to increase my traffic, for starters.  Working on that as we speak!  In the meantime, I'll just keep crankin' em out!

4. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

This is a person in Houston.  (it only takes a second or two to look at someone's profile)

In my experience, this looks like a simple lack of content situation.  But really, the AdSense rejection letter says what the problem is, and if the OP reads that, she'll have her answer.

1. kndashy41 profile image82
      kndashy41posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Does "lack of content" mean not enough words or unsuitable or unengaging subject matter? (curious)

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"Lack of content" means not enough words/articles. We recommend 20-25 Hubs of 800-1,500 words each. smile

working