Google AdSense

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (45 posts)
  1. ardhendudey profile image61
    ardhendudeyposted 10 years ago

I have published 21 featured hubs. And then I applied for Google AdSense. But it did not approve my account saying "Thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at this time. We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below. Issues: Insufficient content. "
    I have found in HP that hubbers with lesser number of hubs than that of mine have got approval from Google Adsense. I am unable to understand why my application did not get approved.
    Please somebody help me out.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Qualifying depends upon where you live.  Since you live in India, you need to have about 25 Hubs published and, after that, you have to wait another six months before you apply.

1. jkcki profile image71
        jkckiposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow, that really doesn't seem fair that they can discriminate based on geographic region!

Google has recorded a higher number of click fraud episodes and Google Webmaster Guidelines violations (such as copyright infringement and plagiarism) originating from certain countries.  That is why the terms for approving an account are different for different countries.  It's not discrimination; it is a corporate decision made by Google, based on facts, to protect the interest of its shareholders.

2. profile image56
      rajeshrajioposted 10 years agoin reply to this

hello dey
      wat is ur website url. send me for review. I will send u some guideline of adsense.

2. ardhendudey profile image61
    ardhendudeyposted 10 years ago

Thanks for your prompt suggestion. Please let me know if the procedure is same for all the site in India. Like, if I need to apply for Google blogger, will I still have to wait for 6 months?

Yes.  You have to have six months of good content and frequent blog posts before applying. But, you can use other affiliate ad programs on a blog in the meantime.  I suggest you find a good forum for website publishers in India.

3. CaptainJoeySweet profile image61
    CaptainJoeySweetposted 10 years ago

I wish I could answer this for you, but unfortunately I am faced with the same question.  I have read other posts on the topic, and yet still haven't found what I would consider to be the right answer. Some suggest getting a Twitter account to beef up your ratings. It does make one begin to question the validity of Hubpages as a viable freelance source, and also question whether or not they are simply just making money on every person who gets featured, without paying the author for their work. I had one article receive an editors choice, followed by articles averaging over 1000 hits, and yet still for some reason, not be eligible to be paid even a penny.  Come on Hub pages and GOOGLE ADSense..,  your NOT making Sense. Let's get this figured out... Show us just how relevant you are or people are going to take their talent elsewhere, and I will gladly help them find other venues!!

You only have eight Hubs.  You need twenty or more to qualify for AdSense from Google.

1. CaptainJoeySweet profile image61
        CaptainJoeySweetposted 10 years agoin reply to this

it clearly states that you only need to have seven featured to qualify...  read it again. Who has control the majic button after that? Great question!

That's not the information from HubPages.  Here is the recommendation:
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/sign … d_21538299

I guess they have there own definition for what is "useful original content."  Everything I post is 100% mine, and the traffic I have generated for the advertisers on my pages more than speaks for itself.  Concerning law there is a saying, "if it is vague, then it is void." I'm thinking anyone with a HS diploma could go back to that link you shared and find the gaps. One thing is certain, an average writer on here makes bank for hubpages... they just don't get anything in return. Although I write for the fun of it, I feel sorry for those who have been duped into thinking they could actually make a buck writing on this site. It's like a bad day fishing... a whole lot of effort with very little to no reward.

The information on that link recommends 20 Hubs before applying for AdSense.  As to your other statement, there are plenty of people making money from their Hubs every month.  I am one of them.  But, I have AdSense and the HP Ad Program.  I also earn from Amazon. I don't know how much traffic you have, but you are below 10,000 page views.  You won't see real income accumulate until you have AdSense and raise your traffic.

Thanks for the info... and the only traffic stats you see are the ones with my real name. I don't need to use a surname for what I write about. Most of what I write about are real life original experiences. I don't copy stuff from online to fill my content folder. I know it's worth something though having only been on here a few months and having a score only 10 below yours. Peace.

2. blueheron profile image91
              blueheronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's hard to get paid for writing, period. But if you REALLY want to waste time and effort, you can always seek a publisher. In general, I think the second approach is likely to earn you zip, often after far more work.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Where does it say that?  HubPages recommends ten, but even their advice is outdated.   As WriterFox says, they seem to be getting tougher and tougher.  It's taking 20 or 30 Hubs to get approved.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

You're in the US, so the answer is quite simple.  Write more Hubs.

I haven't seen anyone get approved with fewer than 20 Hubs in the last 12 months.  I'd recommend 30. 

And BTW it has nothing to do with HubPages - it's Adsense which decides whether you get approved.

1. ronbergeron profile image84
        ronbergeronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just got approved yesterday with only 10 Hubs. Maybe I got lucky.

4. majida123 profile image77
    majida123posted 10 years ago

You don't need to be surprised if Google has rejected your application because now the company is doing it more frequently when they receive applications from  Asian countries.  If you want to get an account, you need to follow these steps:

Make a new gmail account
    Upload two videos (any) from pc
    Associate your youtube account with Adsense by enabling the video monetization
    I can provide you a complete tutotials on it if you contact me. I hope you will get an account soon.

ardhendudeyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

hi @majida123, thanks for your great advice. Kindly provide me complete tutorial, which will help me out to get an Adsense account soon.

Here is a forum thread you should read before taking any advice on how to get quick AdSense approval if you live in India:
        http://productforums.google.com/forum/# … 5-false%5D

2. alikhan3 profile image95
      alikhan3posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can Pakistanis earn thorough video monetization ?
      I tried it once and it said that this service is not available in your area

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

There is a 6 month probation period for some countries, which are listed on the Adsense site.  They include India, the Philippines, China and some other countries.

If you're in one of those countries, there are ways to get around the waiting period but none of them is legal, so be careful.     When you reach a certain dollar figure, Adsense has to send you a PIN number to your street address to activate your account.  If you give them an address that's in one of the prohibited countries, they'll realize you used an illegal method, and they'll ban you from Adsense - probably forever.

5. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

I had nearly thirty featured hubs before I was approved by Google Adsense, and I'm in the US. Maybe they are getting tougher all around?

6. TarrinLupo profile image60
    TarrinLupoposted 10 years ago

I think it is a crap shoot, I am having the same issue. Add some more articles and try again.

Even Hubbers in the U.S. are reporting that they need 20 – 25 featured Hubs to qualify now for AdSense.  If you apply prematurely, you can hurt your chances of getting approved.

1. ronbergeron profile image84
        ronbergeronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I just got approved yesterday with only 10 Hubs. That was my third attempt. Maybe I got lucky.

7. hilarycjohnson profile image60
    hilarycjohnsonposted 10 years ago

I was just now approved for my Google AdSense account after my 10th featured hub but I'm very confused about payment. I was in the same boat as you, they would not approve me because of insufficient content. However, the hubs I have written have already garnered over 1600 views. Does anyone know if I am going to receive backpay for the views and traffic I have gotten for my previous hubs? I really would like to be paid for the work I've done so far, and I can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks!

I am moving my all hubs to my personal blog for this reason only. We are writing articles in HP and HP earns through our blog but, we can't, because our Adsense not getting approved here for a few reasons. However, HP is constantly earning through our hubs only. I think i can earn 100% through my own blog instead of 60% here.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, you will earn 100% through your blog.  Whether that 100% of fewer visits is more than 60% of many more visits, and whether that 100% is worth the effort of designing your own site, is the question.  Good luck, though - more than a few have graduated from HP to their own sites.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

While waiting for an Adsense account you can, if you wish, turn off the ads.

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As none of the ads carried your code, no you will not be paid for them.

But it's not a huge loss:  The going return seems to be around 2-5 dollars per 1000 organic views.  At this point I suspect you have very few organic (from search engines) views; that the large majority are from hubbers and hubbers don't click ads.  You aren't out much, certainly not enough to worry about.  A cup of coffee, maybe.

Thanks for your great advice @wilderness.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

No, you don't.  But since most people average about $2 to $5 for every thousand views, you haven't missed out on much at all.

8. alikhan3 profile image95
    alikhan3posted 10 years ago

your website must have consistent traffic in order to be approved. the amount of traffic does not matter much ..... about 40 views daily are enough I think.

Thanks @alikhan3 for your point of view. What you think about my personal blog, can i achieve anything from there?

9. ravenrage07 profile image61
    ravenrage07posted 10 years ago

Google Adsense revenue is not worth the time and effort it takes to bother with it. Use amazon or eBay affiliates and get commission. Plus Google is notorious for closing down accounts for no reason because they have no customer service number plus they also use computer's to see whose "Cheating" and never listen to appeals.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is worth it to me.  Four figures of worth it just on Hubpages.

10. Aneegma profile image70
    Aneegmaposted 10 years ago

I agree, Google AdSense is a time waster. I personally earn money with amazon and eBay and the hub pages earning program. With AdSense, you will not get approved if you're applying on hub pages without having a separate blog. I had a blogger account first then applied and got in. And also because you are in India and I believe you need to have at least 25-30 high quality hubs and you need to be active for six months first.  But don't worry, you're not missing much!

1. profile image56

is this is necessary to write hubs in hubpages for google adsense approval??

2. profile image56

i have a blog . if i write articles in hubpage is there any bad effect of getting google adsense approval.

3. Writer Fox profile image31

You have to have an AdSense account to earn on the HubPages Ad Program.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87

But the point is, if you don't have an Adsense account, you can't join the HP Earnings Program so the only money you can make here is through Amazon - which isn't enough.  So although you may not earn much from Adsense, you have to be in it.

11. Aneegma profile image70
    Aneegmaposted 10 years ago

yeah you do need to have an adsense account to earn on the hub pages program. I only have seven hubs and I got approved. I guess they're getting stricter now than before.

12. cecileportilla profile image71
    cecileportillaposted 10 years ago

Ardhendudey:
    Do you have more than one hub page? Your page is showing 1 hub.  You mentioned 21 hubs?  If you applied more than once and got you accounts mixed up that could be a problem. I had a problem where I was showing two hub pages with different hub scores One page had two unpublished hubs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)