jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Can i use my hubs elsewhere?

1. TheGlobeTrotter profile image80
    TheGlobeTrotterposted 3 years ago

Can i use the content of my hubs in other google adsense revenue sharing websites like sqidoo..??

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi TGT,

Hubs that you publish on HubPages may not be published anywhere else online. You can always remove your Hubs from HubPages before publishing them elsewhere (or take down articles from your other websites and repost them here once they have been removed from the Google index), but double-posting is not permitted.

1. eltondunn profile image77
        eltondunnposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So, can you take content down from other sites and republish here once it has ben de-indexed?

Yep, that's right. The content must be published only on HubPages, but as long as you own the content and it has been de-indexed elsewhere, it's fine to re-publish on HP. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There wouldn't be much point.   When Google sees two copies of the same article, it tries to decide which one is the original, and then ignores the other.  So you won't get much traffic to the second version.  And even if you do, it's going to be traffic that would otherwise have gone to the original. So the effort just isn't worth it.

Posting your whole article on another site isn't an effective way to promote your Hub, either.  If the reader can read the whole article on one site, why would they click the link to visit HubPages and read the same thing all over again?   

You can write new articles (on the same subject) on other sites and include a link to your Hub.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

No, the things that are published must be original so they cannot also be published anywhere else.You can post links to hubs though.

3. TheGlobeTrotter profile image80

Thanks Christy..!!

4. TheGlobeTrotter profile image80

but how can i promote my hub in other sites if hub pages itself doesn't allow promotion of my other articles and content elsewhere on hubpages?

You can always include a 1-2 sentence teaser or summary of what your Hub is about with a link to visit the Hub to learn more. This is usually the best way to promote Hubs on your related blog or website. smile

working