jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon ads

1. Raine Law Yuen profile image84
    Raine Law Yuenposted 3 years ago

I;m trying to place an ad in my hub for the first time. I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but am I supposed to place the HTML code in the URL ASIN section? I did this but nothing is showing. I am trying to insert a lego educational toy - what is the ASIN and where do I find it?

I'm told that if you do not have a sale within 90 days amazon will cancel account is this true?.

Thanks - will appreciate your assistance.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you are asking about the Amazon capsule.
      You can find details here.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/usin … d_22478701

>>I'm told that if you do not have a sale within 90 days amazon will cancel account is this true?
      This is true for the individual Amazon program,. but not for the HubPages Amazon program.
      For that reason, we suggest most authors use the HubPages Amazon program.

Raine Law Yuenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks this really helped. I would just like to clarify if I'm understanding correctly. Can I choose only two products - I was not sure - I have four complementary lego toys that I want to display - Will HP only publish two? I did not receive a disallowed message - so maybe I'm not understanding correctly.

I assume if my amazon account starts with Hubacc... it means that I am linked to HP's amazon program. Can I use this account on HP's only or can I also use it on a private website? If not do I have the option to apply for a separate HP account?

Many Thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

>>I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but am I supposed to place the HTML code in the URL ASIN section?
          The easiest way to find a specific problem is using the unique code in the URL.
          So for this product link.
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KRW … d_i=507846

This is the portion you want, B00KRW1H2G
          Place that value in the "Amazon URL or ASIN or ISBN:" field.
          You can then click "preview Amazon Results".

You should be able to see in your Hubs that multiple Amazon products are showing up.
          If you are not seeing them, they your computer may have ad-blocking software or a browser plugin that is blocking the content.
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#product-capsule-missing

Keep in mind the Amazon capsule only supports the US store.

2. weezyschannel profile image87
    weezyschannelposted 3 years ago

No you put the URL- just copy and paste in the address bar the item of the page and it will come up

Raine Law Yuenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much. When I go to links it brings up a product URL - I assume the correct URL is the one that has the Hub acc in it - which means you need to click on the product - directs to the correct URL? Just want to make sure - thanks.

3. bettyshares profile image75
    bettysharesposted 3 years ago

Thanks this is useful to know, I am working on my first hub now.

working