jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

How To Offer a Pattern

1. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

I have some project designs that require patterns. Is it possible to include a file download in a hub?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

no, but you could link to a site where they can download it.  if it's a file on your computer you can upload it to one of your own sites or a free hosting site (e.g. photobucket).

2. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you link to anyplace else that can 1) serve your pattern file, 2) won't get you busted over linking conventions, and 3) doesn't get flagged as self-promotional, then you can include that download.

HubPages has always been an awkward and uncomfortable place for crafters as offering help and making sales collide.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What calculus said.  However I wouldn't use Photobucket because although they say people shouldn't steal their photos, in practice people do it all the time.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could also share a PDF link via a service like Google Drive, but just keep in mind that you are limited to 2 or less links in a Hub for any domain
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22732854

And some domain are prohibited.
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/publ … d_22733123

2. lisavollrath profile image93

Thanks for all the help. I'll look into Google Drive, since I only want to share one .pdf pattern file per hub.

3. lisavollrath profile image93

It looks like Google Drive is a winner. For anyone else who has to tackle this issue: I'm creating a .pdf file of my pattern pieces, uploading it to Google Drive, and then adding a link to the file to my hub. Easy!

1. Soapmarked profile image75
      Soapmarkedposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great ideas in here. I've been wondering if we can offer downloads and this sounds like it'll work well.

4. blueheron profile image97
    blueheronposted 3 years ago

Drawings can also be included in a hub by converting them to a jpg file and putting them in a capsule. There are many file conversion sites online.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
      lisavollrathposted 3 years ago in reply to this

In the case of patterns, it's important to retain scale. It's better to offer them as a .pdf file than a .jpg.

working