jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)

Do you guys back up your hubs?

1. Pazthelobster profile image89
    Pazthelobsterposted 4 years ago

Do you guys back up your hubs?

Hey guys, do you guys back up your hubs locally? I'm kinda wondering if I should. Granted, I only have made a few, but I guess it's never too soon? Also, if you do back up your hubs, how do you do it?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

you mean make a duplicate copy in the hardisk or in another website? I usually type my hub in wordpad and save a copy in my hardisk. Same goes with the photos.

Pazthelobsterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep! Hmm, I was hoping that there is a way to back up the hub along with the pictures and the format itself. Anyway, thanks!

3. Ceres Schwarz profile image22
    Ceres Schwarzposted 4 years ago

I do backup my hubs. What I do is right-click on my hub then select "save as". I save it as an HTML document. This saves the entire page of the hub on your computer's hard drive. If you click on that saved HTML document, it will open a copy of your hub and you shouldn't need to have access to the Internet to be able to view these saved pages.

I'm not entirely sure that this is the best method though because, if you keep making changes to your hubs, will you also be making a backup copy to it all over again? And if you have so many more hubs, it can get time-consuming to back them up one-by-one, not to mention you might run out of computer disk space. So, if anyone has a much better method of backing up their hubs, I'd definitely like to know.

But, in the meantime, I hope this helped. I do think it's important to back up your hubs though.

Thanks, this is exactly what I needed! I plan on backing everything up at least maybe once a month. If I edit something after I backed it up, I'll probably wait till my next scheduled back up so that It doesn't get too tedious.

4. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago

I write all my hubs as a Word doc then create it as a hub adding pictures and such.

5. baja2013 profile image69
    baja2013posted 4 years ago

Nope! I hope someone on the net will copy them already. smile

I think that someone else copying our hubs and posting it on the net is a bad thing lol. wink

6. gags3480 profile image71
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

I only keep a word file saved of the hub I made. But, don't keep a backup of that word file.

7. Dreamhowl profile image97
    Dreamhowlposted 4 years ago

What I have been doing is typing my hubs out using Google Drive, where it is saved on the Internet and I can access it anywhere (I type on a desktop and a netbook sometimes). When the hub itself is done I save a copy of the typing as a word document from Google Drive and place that and all the photos used in a folder. The folder is titled however the hub is, and then placed in my "HubPages" folder on my computer and on an external hard drive.

8. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 4 years ago

No, when I used to take the trouble to write hubs, I did so in MS Word, on the computer, then when I was satisfied it was ready, I copied and pasted it into hub pages.  I suppose the original that is left on the computer is a backup to the hub pages' entry; however, I never take the trouble to back up the computer copy on to a DVD, or one of my external hard drives.

9. Duchessoflilac1 profile image75
    Duchessoflilac1posted 4 years ago

I did when I first started. It got to be too much saved on my computer. With my novels in progress. I no longer do. But they are shared with FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn, so I am sure someone has a copy somewhere.

10. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image98
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 4 years ago

Definitely yes.  I write the article on MS Works then cut and paste to HP.  If I make changes online, I copy the article again.  You would be amazed at how many mistakes I find and correct this way, even though I am very careful.  If I delete a hub, I move it to a folder for deleted hubs by topic.  I also save my hubs by topic.  At the end of each month, I update my flash drive and then make a backup of the flash drive on a bigger one.  I work too hard on this stuff to chance losing it, and although what I do is tedious, it has paid off many times for me.

11. WalterPoon profile image80
    WalterPoonposted 4 years ago

I wonder whether it is really necessary because I believe HubPages has done it already. After investing millions of dollars, it's to HubPages best interest to do so, unless they are planning to close, just like Yahoo Geocities, which is very, very unlikely. Given the very remote chance that this will happen, I guess I will do it only when HubPages requests us to do so. But it is no harm doing it, just in case some unexpected technical hitch, a fire in HubPages' headquarters, or an unprecedented cyberattack crops up.

working