jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Linking to my blogs

1. annieangel1 profile image82
    annieangel1posted 3 years ago

Hi can I put a link to my blogs on every hub I publish?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but you have to be very careful. You can only link if it is directly related to the content of the hub and is not over-promotional. This means that the hub has to be able to stand on its own and the link is only there to help the reader, not there for you to get more traffic.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image88
        Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I took a look at your tomato tower hub.  You have a link to a hub that doesn't look like anything to do with food - that is over-promotional. (YOUR Life in YOUR Hands
        A new blog dedicated to self help, to developing self awareness and personal growth).  The other one is about food, but not about tomatoes.  That one is iffy.

2. sockii profile image85
      sockiiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would only link if your blog is directly related to the topic of the hub. For instance, on some of my food and recipe hubs I will include, at the end, a link to my food blog. But I don't link to that blog on my art pages or entertainment reviews.

A totally unrelated blog link isn't likely to generate any traffic anyway, right?

2. annieangel1 profile image82
    annieangel1posted 3 years ago

thanks for that -

1. Marisa Wright profile image96
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Millionaire Tips is on the money.   If you link to your blog from a Hub on a topic that's unrelated, the Hub will eventually be unpublished.

3. Paula Atwell profile image80
    Paula Atwellposted 3 years ago

Ann, this advice makes sense from an SEO perspective. Relevant links=good. Irrelevant links=bad. Doesn't really help your article or blog.

1. annieangel1 profile image82
      annieangel1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

thanks Paula - I'm paying attention! smile

working