jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)

Referring People..I have a question

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 3 years ago

How do you go about signing someone up so that you get credit for them as a referral tracker?

I have been here for 6 years and am still fuzzy about the mechanics of this.

Thanks

1. Writer Fox profile image77
      Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this
        Brie Hoffmanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have several referral trackers but when I click on them it just puts me into my profile page.  I am wondering if that is what happens when others click on them as well. 

If that is the case then where do they go to sign up?

It could be that I am directed to my profile because I'm already signed in and that if someone were new that they might be directed to a different page.  Do you know if that is the case?

Yes, that's the case.

Log out and try the link again and it should go to the sign-up page if you used the link properly.

By the way, HP doesn't want the referral links used on Hubs.  They only want them used on your blogs or other websites.

Yeah I know, I took them off..My cousin wants to start writing here so I wanted to get credit for it.

On your profile, you have the option to link to a website.  I put my referral tracker as the website.  You could change your website to that and have your cousin sign up from there.  Then, you can change it back if you want to.

I'll just have her click on the referral tracker in my profile page.

Links put in the bio on your Profile page are not clickable.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image90
          Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I've written a hub called How to Make Money on HubPages Without Writing a Single Article that details the process.

Short answer:  You should get the referral credit even if they find the signup page from your profile page, but you may want to direct them to the sign-up page from the start so they don't have to hunt for it:
          https://hubpages.com/user/new/

Put your referral link after the .com/
          For example, mine would look like https:// hubpages.com/_millionairetips/user/new without the space

Thanks

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Brie,

I see that you've already received some help. Just wanted to let you know that the recent Blog post also goes through the basics of referring people to HubPages. smile

Thanks I'll take a look.

working