jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Why are "NEVER published" lenses/hubs being highlighted at the bottom?

1. makingamark profile image68
    makingamarkposted 3 years ago

I've been coming across a number of NEVER published lenses - now hubs - which are being highlighted in the two boxes at the bottom of the hub.  The ones which say "previous" and "next".

These are NOT unpublished lenses/hubs.

These are lenses which have NEVER been published, are unfinished, have come across as WIPs in progress. They are completely unsuitable to be highlighted on a hub

So why are they being highlighted in a feature at the bottom of my hubs?

The bit I don't get is why unpublished hubs would even be featuring on a lens. I'm genuinely puzzled - I just don't get it.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Previous and Next hubs come from the Groups feature.  If hubs A, B, C, D are in a group you created, and in that order, then at the bottom of Hub B you will see Hub A as Previous and Hub C as Next.

You can put unpublished hubs in groups, and they will appear as Previous and Next only to you when you are logged into you account but other people cannot see them.  Fore example, if Hub C is unpublished, you will still see Hub C as Next when you look at Hub B, but everyone else will see Hub D as next.

makingamarkposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the prompt response - I get it now.

So basically what I see on my hub is NOT what other people are seeing (excluding advertising which obviously varies depending on where you are located)

I actually don't get why I need to see a version particular to me.  The only version of value to me is the one that the public are seeing!

Is there no way I can see a proper published - "this is what other people see" - version of my hub?

Do I now need to create groups for unpublished lenses to enable me to see what the public will see? (I should add I have a lot of never published - I always start them when I get an idea)

Why not just add some code to exclude "unpublished" from being shown to anybody?

1. Paul Ward profile image79
          Paul Wardposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is there no way I can see a proper published - "this is what other people see" - version of my hub?

Open in an incognito window.

makingamarkposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I guess so - but why not just show people what the public are seeing.  It's an important feedback loop.

working