jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

RESOLVED: People Seeing and Commenting on "Not Published" Hubs

1. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Shortly after my lenses were transferred over to HubPages, I unpublished several hubs because I just didn't know when I'd get to them and I wanted them not visible to the public until i can get to them. A person just commented on one of them.

I do not want them visible. They are former lenses that need a lot of work and do not work as hubs.

How do I actually unpublish a hub and what does the "not published" red designation mean if it actually leaves the hub published?

2. Baby-Boomer-58 profile image84
    Baby-Boomer-58posted 2 years ago

This might hold a clue, Kylyssa.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2674805
    Perhaps the "bug that re featured content that wasn't intended to be featured" caused your problem.

Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I was definitely affected by that bug a few days back. All of my "unfeatured for engagement" lenses were featured again for about a day. 

Last night I published then unpublished the lens that got the comment just in case. I'm going to go do the same with all the others I have purposely unpublished just in case the bug made them all somewhat just a little less than actually unpublished.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

If a hub is not published,  people cannot see it.  Are you sure you didn't accidentally publish it again? Does your stats page say it is not published?

Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Its title was in red on my dashboard and had a blank space where the various black featured status symbols usually are at the end of the line.

4. Kylyssa profile image95
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

WHOA!  I just went to do some publishing and unpublishing and guess what?  The hub somehow grew a doppelganger! The doppelganger got the comment!

working