jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Squidoo CDN

1. Paul Ward profile image80
    Paul Wardposted 3 years ago

Will Hubpages be taking over and continuing running of Squidoo's CDN?

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

No, images in imported lenses have been copied into our own system and will be hosted at new URLs.  We may redirect images from the old squidoo cdn URLs, but not necessarily to the exact same size image.

1. Paul Ward profile image80
        Paul Wardposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ta.

2. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 3 years ago

Hi Paul and Paul. Say, you have made me wonder about some issues I was seeing with my Squidoo content being lifted previously. There was a lot of hotlinking to my images on my Squidoo lenses and often I had removed those images from the active Squidoo lens, but they were stored on the backend - probably as Paul #1 states, the CDN? Will you be able to finally remove those images that were no longer in use on live lenses? And, what about those lenses that were deleted prior to the transfer?

1. TonyPayne profile image88
      TonyPayneposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I believe Julie that as of 1st October (or soon after) Squidoo will pull the plug on everything, so anyone pointing at your old images on Squidoo will get an image not found.

All of my lenses are already in Google with their new Hubpages addresses, and my traffic on Squidoo is zero, so I think very soon anything that links back to Squidoo will cease to work.

3. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 3 years ago

Tony, that will be a mixed blessing to finally not see the deleted images from our lenses appearing in other people's work who were hotlinking! Hopeful.

working