jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

How do you save changes without publishing your page?

1. iijuan12 profile image88
    iijuan12posted 3 years ago

How do you save changes without publishing your page?

I just spent an hour editing my page.  One of the things I was doing was adding my photo lens credits to the photo module.  After I finished, I realized that each time I clicked out on one of my links so I could copy and paste the url, ALL of my other work disappeared.  Yes, I did hit "save" on each module after editing it.

1. PegCole17 profile image89
      PegCole17posted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you're in edit mode, there should be three choices at the top of the hub: Preview, Publish, and Done Editing. If you choose Done Editing it will save your work without publishing it.
      I hope this is what you were looking for.
      Peg

2. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If I understand correctly, you are saying you click on the links in your hub while you're in edit mode. This will bring you to that other page and your editing session will be gone.

If you need to click out of your edit session to copy something, then do it in another window or another browser tab. You should be able to do this by right-clicking. Then go back to your edit session tab and paste what you copied. Did this answer your question?

By the way, as long as you clicked save on any capsule, your latest changes to that capsule will be available when you re-enter edit mode, even if you never clicked "done editing."

3. Titia profile image93
      Titiaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you go back to your hub, just refresh the page and all that you already edited will come back. I had the same problem and someone pointed this out to me.

1. iijuan12 profile image88
        iijuan12posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have been opening pages in other windows.

I will try reloading the page.  Thank you!

working