Can I Tell If My Bug Reports Have Been Received?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

Yesterday I sent a report about the 70 of my lenses, the vast majority of which were written in normal format, that have been turned into walls of text and another about my tutorials written in normal lens format that have photos and text missing and have had their capsules rearranged out of order. 

Other sites I belong to send an automated confirmation email that just says the report has been made, usually with a case number associated.  I'd really like to get those lenses re-imported but I don't know if I used the right form or if my report was received.

I'd also like to get a rough idea of how long I can expect it to take to get the lenses looked at and re-imported so I can decide to either wait for it or go in and edit things before I'm ready and lose my lens grace period to bugs.  It will also help me decide if I need to move some of the lenshubs to a different site if what is required to make my work look good exceeds my ability to execute it in a timely manner. Even if it takes a month, it's fine.  Then I can just focus on manually repairing only the lenshubs that get a hundred or more views per day and not worry about the rest, secure in knowledge they will be re-imported. 

It isn't a simple matter of fixing what the transfer did to each lens because I'll immediately have to fix all the other moving inconveniences plus getting them HP ready on around eighty lenses.  I figure they'll take about one to four hours apiece to get up to snuff, depending on how long fixing photos eats up. 

Me fixing the bugs' effects will involve the following:

1. Opening every module and adding the line breaks and spaces back in on seventy lenshubs.
       2. Retrieving the missing text for each affected capsule from my Squidoo backups.
       3. Rearranging the capsules to put them back in order on affected lenses. 
       4. Retrieving the missing images from Squidoo backups and my own personal photos.

Things I will have to quickly do on each lenshub if I fix the bugs' effects manually:

1. Find new images for the pages where I used photos from a single website more than twice.
      2. Retrieve the photo credit information stripped from all photos from my Squidoo backups.
      3. Increase the size of many images so they meet HP's size requirements.
      4. Get rid of the artifacts left from side-bar widgets and other modules HP does not support.
      5. Get rid of subtitles.
      6. Get rid of excess sources and resources links HP doesn't support.
      7. Remove the guestbook text or rewrite it so it makes sense where it's been moved to.
      8. Retrieve the missing Amazon descriptions from Squidoo backups.
      9. Remove all Squidoo references.
    10. Re-write and re-create sections that relied on featured lenses modules to make sense.
    11. Re-write material to make it more HubPages compliant.
    12. Play whack-a-mole when the violations start popping up because the grace period is functionally gone on the affected lenshubs once I fix all the bug effects.

I hope this gives an idea of why I don't just buckle down and fix the bugs' effects manually.

If my posts are hard to understand or seem odd, please bear with me.  I am a high-functioning autistic person acclimating to an unexpected change that isn't entirely pleasant in all aspects even if it is logically the best thing for my Squidoo content and its ability to reach readers.  I'm just here looking for information so I can plan for my HubPages future.  As negative as this post may sound because it's pointing out flaws in the transfer, this is me settling down into HP and digging in to stay in what I know is a good thing.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Did you send the report from the Help Wizard?

Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The URL of the page I used had help wizard in it.  I checked the last option in the multiple choice section which was the Squidoo transfer option.  I then checked a "no" in answer to the question asking if the paragraph produced answered my question and then I clicked the blue "contact us" and explained my issues in the provided, email-like form, probably in too much detail.

1. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Staff generally do not read/reply to help emails or respond to forum posts over the weekends.  They will probably read it on Monday and give you a reply on Tuesday or Wednesday.  Other things that lag on weekends are traffic number updates and earnings updates.  Hope your problem is resolved soon!

Thank you, knowing the typical response time is very helpful.  Now I know I can just relax and work at my own pace and only manually correct a lenshub bug if I have time and the lenshub is high priority to me.

I'm coming from a site where reports sometimes went into a black hole and the absence of an automated "we got it" message made me nervous.  Bugs sometimes lasted for months without resolution, through no fault of tech support but possibly due to the priorities they were given plus the reporting system.

I didn't expect anyone would look at my bug reports over the weekend but I'm delighted to find out that they typically get looked at so fast!  Anything under a month is wonderful.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's the right place to report and you can be sure that it was received.
          Calculus-geometry's answer is generally how things work regarding response time.

Thank you for verifying that I reported my lenshub problems in the right place.  It's a big relief. 

I wanted to create a few new hubs to get a feel for what HubPages likes and doesn't like as it applies to my writing before doing a bunch of editing on lenshubs and setting myself up for unnecessary work and stress.  I tend to go very slowly with new modes of human interaction no matter how slight the differences from modes I'm used to. 

I can now proceed at my own pace.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)