jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

RESOLVED: Copyright not "sticking"

1. Lionrhod profile image83
    Lionrhodposted 3 years ago

As I've been editing my lenses turned hubs, I've been (of course!) making sure they show a copyright notice. But every time I go back to a page to re-edit it, (whenever I learn more about HP best practices) I see it showing  "no notice." At this point I don't have the slightest which pages are actually showing a copyright notice. sad

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It may be a technical glitch and perhaps someone on the HP staff will check into it for you. Until then, you could add a text capsule at the end of the hub and type in the information yourself. Unless that capsule gets deleted, it'll stay posted on your page.

1. relache profile image90
        relacheposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Do not do this.  You will trip an automated filter that will hassle you about both copyrights and duplicated content.

Lionrhodposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good to know!

1. Writer Fox profile image64
            Writer Foxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can still put your own copyright notice on your Hubs if you want to.  You will get a Style Tip warning, but you are allowed to leave your personal copyright notice on your Hubs.

Another way of doing that is with a graphic.  A graphic doesn't get the Style Tip warning:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11807644.png

2. profile image0
          sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. I didn't know that. I'm glad there were other people who could let us know.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image93
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If there is a bug with the standard copyright notice we strongly prefer to fix it rather than encourage Hubbers to add custom notices. big_smile Can you provide an example Hub URL where the notice did not get saved and we'll take a look? Thanks!

1. Tim Bader profile image84
        Tim Baderposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
        FYI I've had intermittent issues with the copyright notice: sometimes it "sticks" and sometimes it doesn't.
        Sorry, I haven't got a URL for you at the moment, as I think mine are ok now.
        However, I have a feeling it may be related to moving capsules around (or adding them?) after having set the copyright details, but before hitting the save/publish button.
        Hope that helps.

Thanks Tim. That is most likely the issue as I've definitely been doing a lot of that.

2. Lionrhod profile image83

Thanks Marina - one of the pages I noticed it on was the round tuit one. I'm in the middle of editing that one again, so it may or may not be fixed by the time you see it.

ETA: One thing about the copyrights - it would be helpful if we could choose a copyright date range as in WriterFox's example above. I'm planning to move some articles from my writing blog and it would be nice to have the copyright date reflect when the article was actually written rather than only this year's date.

2. Shades-of-truth profile image91
    Shades-of-truthposted 3 years ago

I have done what Writer Fox said, many times, places in where I did not want actual text to appear, but had forgotten that workaround. Glad she pointed it out!

Should be helpful to a lot of others who have been confounded, too.

Closed to reply

working