jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Page View total counts have declined

1. Quilligrapher profile image90
    Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago

My NEW Page Views have been negative on each of the last two days. The Total Page Views Ever for all of my hubs has dropped back down to the level of four days ago. Consequently, my earnings are moving in reverse. Can someone please explain why my stats are posting negative views? roll

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

There is a known issue about this and the team is stating this will not affect your earnings.

Quilligrapherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, TT, for your prompt reply. I looked without success for a discussion on this topic before opening this thread. Can you provide a link?
        Q.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here is the discussion:
          http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125651

When you want to know about tech issues on HP, just look on Technical Issues and you will find all of the forums and problems there.

I truly appreciate your taking the time to find a link. Thank you so  very much.
            Q.

2. Glenn Stok profile image93
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As TT just said, this is a known issue with reporting of stats. Your Google Analytics will give you an accurate count.  But another issue that may be affecting your views is discussed in another thread at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125928

Good seeing you around, Quill.

Wow, Glenn, you are always there with a helping hand! Thank you for your advice. I get a "no data" message when checking links my hubs. I find a huge amount of data available from Google but I understand very little of it. roll I need a "Google Analytics for Dummies" manual. Do you have one? big_smile

I sure miss the meet ups. You were a sterling leader.

Q.

1. Glenn Stok profile image93
          Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Look in Amazon. There are a lot of books on the subject.

If you see "no data" then maybe you didn't activate your Google Webmaster Tools. You need that to see the backlinks to your hubs. You definitely do have backlinks, at least from other Hubs.

Note that backlinks and views have nothing to do with one another. Your Google Analytics will show you the actual views. I have over 7000 backlinks as of today and only a small fraction are actual visits to my pages.

Thanks for the kind comment about our HubPages meetups.

working