jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Hubber/Hubscore dropping because of Amazon capsules on hubs?

1. Ashley Ryan P profile image83
    Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years ago

I know I've seen people saying to not pay attention to the author score and the hubscore, but I can't help but notice something odd.

I'm still new. On my third day I received an Editor's Choice on one of my hubs. All of my hubs were in the upper 80s to 90s range. My author score was at a 96. Traffic was rolling in big time. Hits from multiple search engines and everything.

Yesterday, I added two Amazon capsules to each hub. Ever since then, my hubscores have dropped at LEAST 10 points, my hubber score has dropped significantly also ... and a few of my hubs say traffic is dropping (little blue arrow) as well.

Is this because of the Amazon capsules? I haven't done anything different. Still being active within the community, promoting, posting new hubs ... should I just not worry about it? Or is this a direct result from the new capsules?

2. Ashley Ryan P profile image83
    Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years ago

Also, I don't have Google adsense yet. I only started the Amazon capsules just to see if anything would come of it since my traffic was so high (I'm apart of the Amazon associates program)...but now that everything is dropping, I'm wondering if I should just remove them altogether.

3. CuAllaidh profile image84
    CuAllaidhposted 3 years ago

Traffic fluctuates all the time, if you worry too much about it you'll drive yourself crazy. It is unlikely an amazon capsule add would affect your traffic so dramatically. It is more likely the latest Google update causing the traffic drop and the timing is just coincidence.

1. Ashley Ryan P profile image83
      Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well, that makes sense. Just saw this posted a few minutes ago as well http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125998 ... I totally woke up this morning freaking out! Thanks so much for the advice.

Showing my newbie side, I suppose. Haha.

1. CuAllaidh profile image84
        CuAllaidhposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Nah... we all obsess about traffic, it's hard not to big_smile

working