jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Another question about a different kind of rule

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

While we are not supposed to be putting links within our hubs to outside sales sites in which we have an interest, is it allowed to post a link on the front page, in the "what's on your mind" status box, for a personal fundraising site asking for help to fund  emergency repairs?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Personal fundraising requests are not permitted.

DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok, thank you, Matthew.  Good to know.  That's why I asked first.  I couldn't find that info searching around in the FAQ's or Learning Center. 
        I guess I just could not figure out which of the many categories to search under.

I'm gathering, then, that if I'm not allowed to post fund raising requests, then it would also be wise to not answer the next person in the thread, as to the nature of the emergency?

1. Stacie L profile image88
          Stacie Lposted 2 years ago in reply to this

There are plenty on the 'net    DzyMsLizzy.
          Here s a few to start with... Good luck!

http://   www.   go  fund   me.    com/

http://   www.   you  caring.   com/

Thanks, Stacie-- I do have a site set up; the question was whether I was allowed to share it here, and that answer was "no."

1. Stacie L profile image88
              Stacie Lposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Ok....what about  as a link on a hub?

That's not allowed, either.

2. Sed-me profile image82
          Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I understand you are not allowed to make a fund raising request. However, if I jump to the assumption that you are in trouble and, as a friend, I ask you what the nature of your trouble is... there would be nothing in the forum rules about answering the question of another hubber who is concerned about you. However, I understand your hesitation and when/if Matthew posts that there is nothing against the forum rules about answering a simple question... I hope you will feel comfortable enough to share. smile

2. Sed-me profile image82
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What is your emergency, if you don't mind me asking, Ms. Lizzy?

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

I see a link to your website on your profile page. Why don't you post a link to the funding account on your website? Then anyone here who wishes to check out your funding account can go to your profile, click on your website icon, and find the link on your site.

Thanks for the suggestion.  That "website" however, is a badly neglected blog with little to no traffic.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Use Facebook

Thanks--already have--started it there.  Just looking for other venues to spread the word.  wink

working