jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

The new GOOGLE SPAM Rules?

1. Don Bobbitt profile image96
    Don Bobbittposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12039003.jpg
    I just read the HP update on Google. The question is, for the rest of us that are here for the long run; Is the end of a pseudo-commercialized writers site? Or, it is a capitulation of HP as a business? Or, even worse, are we all going to be a flotsam or writers set adrift  on the web by the arrogance of the Great Google?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image99
      Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Where did you find this update?

Don Bobbittposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It is in the last HubPages Weekly Report that we all get. And it gives a link to a FAQ about "Spammy Articles"
        Very depressing, actually.
        DON

1. Rachel L Alba profile image95
          Rachel L Albaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I read it, but I didn't understand it.

Rachael, I agree, it is strange but the Gist of newest Google constraints is to beat down allowing SPAM. Sadly for many of us, this means they are going thru a series of limitations that will hurt us in an effort to improve the World,
            don

2. Sherry Hewins profile image99
          Sherry Hewinsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I must have deleted it without reading it, can't find it now.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image77
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I have another question: Was that 'gator in the photo asleep when the vine grew over its nose?

LOL! I live in a community on the Little Manatee River in Florida. We call her "Mama Gator". She comes down and has a brood of 2-3 and the we don't see again for a while. She was actually around 11-feet last year.
      DON

3. makingamark profile image62
    makingamarkposted 3 years ago

Could somebody please post a link to it - I can only recall an update about how HubPages defines spam. Nothing to do with Google

4. The Examiner-1 profile image77
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Don,
    I received two warnings from my antivirus. I did not pay attention to the first one except for the item removed. The second time, I noticed that, like the first, it was connected with Google Chrome again so I looked at the details
    and it was suggested that I switched browsers so I did.

I do not know if the problem is Google or just a virus.

working