jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (13 posts)

An Experiment

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago

Is this the days of yesteryear?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 2 years ago in reply to this

As in, "Ghosts of Christmas Past" ???

paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes.

2. Writer Fox profile image78
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hey Marcy, what happened to the big A?  You were supposed to get them to remove the Hubber Score, not your big A!  Anyway, I can see your face better now. big_smile

LOL!  The big "A" went the way of the buggy whip or something - we got an email not long ago letting us know they were removing it from our profile photos (and I agree with that decision). It caused too much confusion, since the program is no longer active. I prefer the cleaner look without the "A" - I never really cared about having it on my profile, but when they started including it, I was glad it wasn't scarlet.

1. Writer Fox profile image78

HP giveth and HP taketh away.

So true - but quite honestly, I didn't really want that icon on my photo - didn't want to draw attention that way. Some liked having it, I think, and some didn't like it or didn't care.  As of midnight this Thursday, it will be a piece of 'old history' here!

1. Writer Fox profile image78

That's not what I heard.  I heard that at midnight it turns into:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/12085441.jpg

2. Writer Fox profile image78

Not till January 1.

3. csmiravite-blogs profile image81
      csmiravite-blogsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I better try this next time. Write while still asleep. Is it New Year yet?  big_smile

2. colorfulone profile image89
    colorfuloneposted 2 years ago

paradigmsearchposted ~ "Is this the days of yesteryear?"

Here, I believe so, for the most part since I moved back home. With the sever Alzheimer's that Mom suffers with, segments of days of yesteryears are played out in the present much of the time.  It keeps it interesting, especially when my mind goes on tilt for awhile, and then I have some revelation and gain insight on how to make some meaningful connections with Mom.

paradigmsearchposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Been there. It is a long and quite frankly a vicious road. My Dad died 3 years ago of same. It is really, really bad and there are no answers. My heart goes out to you. One day at a time

1. colorfulone profile image89
        colorfuloneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am sorry about your loss.
        I'm learning to live in the moments, each day as it comes.
        I never know who I will be from one moment to the next, but I can be whoever Mom thinks I am. It doesn't matter. smile

working