jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

articlesbase or ezinearticles to promote free eBook?

1. drpennypincher profile image96
    drpennypincherposted 2 years ago

I recently published a free eBook and am considering publishing articles on articlesbase and ezinearticles to promote it.  Does anyone have experience doing this? 

Would it be best to have links in the syndicated articles to smashwords and free-ebooks where the book can be downloaded, or should I link to my blog or hub where readers could follow a link to download the book?  Should I be concerned about "spammy" links if the free articles get posted on spammy websites?

1. relache profile image85
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  You should also be aware that postings free articles to sites like articlesbase and ezinearticles to promote a free eBook is considered "spammy" by some people too.

2. Writer Fox profile image79
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would completely stay away from posting links on those article sites.  (Links from ezinearticles will get you a spam link warning from Google!)  Instead, post on sites like freestuff.com or craigslist.org.  The link should go directly to the landing page where the book can be downloaded.

3. drpennypincher profile image96
      drpennypincherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks relache and Writer Fox- I knew I could get some expert advice here!

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

cool
        If you post on craigslist, do it under the section 'free stuff' and remember there is a craigslist for every major city in the world.  That should keep you busy!

4. Marisa Wright profile image95
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I wouldn't waste your time with either of those sites. 

The original idea of those articles was to provide free articles which people could use on their websites.   Write a good article and it could be copied on hundreds of websites, each one with a link to your website or ebook.  Sounds good in theory but there are lots of problems with that model.

The first is that many website owners don't honour the conditions - they delete the link, even though they're not supposed to.  So you've given away an article for no benefit.

The other (much bigger) consideration is that these days, no reputable website would dream of publishing duplicate content.  Educated website owners want original material.   So the only sites drawing their articles from article sites are spammers and scammers and people who don't know what they're doing.  Do you really want to be associated with sites like that?

1. drpennypincher profile image96
        drpennypincherposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Marisa, thanks for the background on these sites- I should have known it was too good to be true...

working