jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (9 posts)

Need serious feedback

1. Toasty Reviews profile image77
    Toasty Reviewsposted 2 years ago

I’d be glad to get some serious feedback from expert hubbers who have the time to look at a 3800 words hub.
    http://toastyreviews.hubpages.com/hub/b … er-reviews
    Let me be straightforward.  I feel this has something to do with recent changes in product links policy because my hub is about products. Is this a dead hub that cannot be made to fit the recent changes? If you think so, I need to know that. If you think it can be improved, please give me tips on how that could be done.
    Also, examples would be great like “this paragraph is too shallow” or “that part is full of cliches”. I need to be criticized to learn.

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

My reactions:

Keep your introduction short - your second paragraph reads like space-filling waffle that you wrote just to create space for that right-floated text box.   

Remember that on a mobile, that text box will appear as a full-width, white box ABOVE your second paragraph - so most readers will wonder why on earth you're suddenly talking about other kinds of heaters instead of the one they want to learn about.  So I'd strongly recommend getting rid of it. 

Instead, I'd recommend an ordinary paragraph somewhere saying something like, "Another alternative to a point-of-use heater is a ..... Read reviews of the available models here (hyperlink to Hub).  Alternatively, you may prefer a whole house solution (hyperlink)." 

You have a discussion on each product and then a conclusion that sums up your view on it.  I would take that conclusion and put it INSIDE the Amazon capsule so it stands out more, for people who just want to skim.

Toasty Reviewsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the excellent advice Marisa! Things were really messed up around that second paragraph. And I didn't even have an idea about how it looks in mobile.  I made some changes and hope it works, now. Further comments still welcome.

And I forgot to say it is unfeatured. Really, is there a way I discuss this with the Hubpages team? I mean, I got 100 google views in a day with 4 four hubs a few days ago and that suggests I have an idea about what I am doing.

1. relache profile image90
            relacheposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sure, you just email them directly.  team@hubpages.com

They don't address Hub specifics in the forums to preserve user privacy.

2. colorfulone profile image84
            colorfuloneposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think its a steller sales hub, but HubPages does not want sales hubs that read like we're trying to sell something. So, many content rich sales hubs are getting unfeatured. HP is trying to gain Google's approval again after the Panda hit because there were too many commercially sounding sales hubs on the site.

Its a great page, but I'm thinking its just not suited for HP's filters and moderators' requirements.  I could be wrong, but I think I'm right.

It would be interesting to know what you hear back from the team. Would you let us know?

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
            Marisa Wrightposted 2 years agoin reply to this

When you edited it, it went back through the QAP again - is it still unFeatured?

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image100
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be picky, but your post is on the wrong forum.  There is a forum called "Improving Your Hub" that exists specifically for people who want feedback on their articles.  I have noticed lately that several people are avoiding that forum and posting on this one.  We need to keep things where they belong.

I think this is actually the "Improving Your Hub" forum where we are allowed to post links to our hubs.

working