jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

"More by..." Boxes

1. TDowling profile image83
    TDowlingposted 2 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/12138054.jpg
    Personal challenges have taken me away from Hubpages during the latter part of 2014, so I missed all the discussion about the upgrades and changes to the Hub design. Can anyone tell me how Hubpages determines which Hub is featured in the new "More by" box?

Other than deleting a Hub is there anyway I can force it to select a different Hub than the one it seems to always choose?

Thanks,
    -TD

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

relache is correct, it is determined by a combination of factors that include Hub quality and the Topics your Hubs are categorized under, among others.

TDowlingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Christy.

It seems to select a real old Hub about the San Francisco earthquake that I'm not that fond of. Think I'll delete the earthquake Hub. (No skin off my nose.) 

- TD

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You can also simply unpublish the Hub so it will remain on your account in draft form. That way you should be able to fix it up and republish later if you ever feel like it. smile

TDowlingposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Great tip, Christy.

Thanks & a belated Happy New Year.

-TD

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

If it's like the Related Hubs, the selection has something to do with the categories under which you have filed those Hubs.

working